One Hundred Twenty-Eight

Casey 

My eyes take in the small child in Cassandra's arms. Edwin held Dominic as Cassie peered down at him, admiring his features. I didn't want to show it but I was jealous. I wish I could accomplish this. "She looks like Hope," I mutter, finally peeling my eyes away from my niece. 

Smiling, Cassandra lifted her head. "Doesn't she? I was beginning to name her Daeja Hope instead of Daeja Ruth. But I felt that would be wrong."

Clenching my jaw, I nod my head in agreement. "Wanna hold her?" she questions. I raised my brows, questioning if that was okay before she forced the child into my arms. Smiling like an idiot, I keep my eyes trained on Daeja. She looked nothing like her parents right now, I figured as she got older she'd start to take more of their features than the ones of my late daughter.

She was absolutely beautiful, nonetheless. Staring at her made me sad. It made me realize once again, that I'd never get to hold my baby girl anymore. I'd never get to watch her grow up, fall in love, or have kids. That small fact hurt my heart so much.

"Everyone else is supposed to be heading this way soon to meet the babies," Edwin voiced, finally looking up from Dominic.

"Does that include Kathryn?" I question, wondering if I should prepare myself or not. Eddie eyed me before ignoring my question, forcing his wife to answer instead. "Yeah, that includes Kathryn."

Rolling my eyes, I let out a breath. "Is it possible for you two to let me know when she's on the way? I'd rather not be here when she arrives."

Cassandra frowned. "You're going to leave us because Kathryn's coming over?" 

Before I could answer her question, there was a knock on the door. "It's open!" Eddie yelled, not bothering to get up and get the door. Turning my head to glance at the door, I watch it open before three small bodies run inside. 

Haven and Heaven immediately swarmed around me as Steven made his way toward Edwin. "Hey, you three," I greet. Haven and Heaven had the same two brains wrapping around each side of their neck as their bright blue eyes took me in. "Hi Aunt Casey," they speak in unison before glaring at each other.

I feel a hand on top of my head before it travels down to my chin, forcing my head back. I'm not surprised as I meet brown eyes belonging to none other than Sophia. I smile, "That was mighty aggressive," I chuckle.

She frowns, "Well, I resort to violence when you forget we exist. You've gotten so busy focusing on that girlfriend of yours, that you've completely forgotten you were supposed to have dinner with us like 5 times."

My eyes widen in realization and I frown. "I am so sorry, I promise to make it up. How about this Friday."

"Absolutely not," Em spat as she leaned over the couch, her blue eyes boring into mine. I smile at the blonde, missing her face despite knowing she probably hates me right now. "I promise to be on my best behavior," I joke.

Her head turns to the right, "What do you think, Kathy? Should I let her come over for dinner?"

The name forces my eyes to said woman. Kathryn eyed me for a few seconds before turning her attention away as she shrugged her shoulders. "Do whatever you want," she spat. Em smiled as she allowed her gaze to meet mine again. 

She leans down. "Unfortunately, I don't let assholes eat at my dinner table. Unless you want to apologize to Kathryn now..." she mutters.

Letting out a breath, I move my gaze to glance at Sophia. "Sophia, your wife is being mean again."

The brunette chuckles as she lets my head go. "Don't put me in that," she shakes her head. I watch the brunette walk around the couch to hug and greet Eddie and Cassie.