Seventy-Nine

Casey 

A smile spreads across my face as I glance at the brown-skinned woman at her laptop. Despite only meeting Mallory exactly nine days ago, we had already grown a little closer than I expected. It usually takes me a while to warm up to others. Somehow it took this woman a little over a week to get me to warm up to her.

And I was in her apartment. I've never been this chummy with anyone.

"Why are you staring at me with a smile?" she questions. Her light brown eyes land on me and she smiles a little as she uses her index finger to push her glasses up her nose. "I just think you look cute when you're focused," I mutter honestly.

The woman's smile grows in size. Clearing my throat, I glance around nervously suddenly having a strong urge to kiss her. Letting out a breath, I challenge myself to do something that may or may not benefit me in the future.

"Mallory," I mutter softly, grabbing her attention away from her laptop once more. Her brows raise in question as her pretty brown eyes land on me. I inhale and exhale, completely captivated by the beauty. "May I kiss you?" I question, feeling my heart in my throat. 

She eyes me for a little longer before slowly nodding her head. Smiling, like a kid, I stand from the chair and make my way over to her and sit on the couch she was leaning against. 

Her head turns my way and she raises her hands to remove the black frames sitting cutely on her nose but I stop her. "You don't have to take this off," I mutter as I grab her chin. She lets out a shaky breath as her eyes meet mine. 

My eyes flicker between her eyes and her lips. Is it normal to kiss someone you've just met a week ago? Was I being too hasty? Ignoring the questions, I lean into the brown-skinned woman. Nervously, I close my eyes and press my lips against hers.

It was a small peck but it was something. 

I pull away after a second, allowing my gaze to land on her. Though I whole-heartedly believed no one could be a better kisser than Kathryn, I was once again fighting the urge to have my lips on hers. Her lips were smooth and soft and so very intoxicating.

Mallory swallows loudly, her eyes opening as she glances at me through her long, dark, and curly lashes. A smile is placed on my lips as I watch Mallory take her glasses off and place them on the table before lifting herself from the floor.

Everything happened quickly.

From her hands cupping my cheeks, to her body being flush against my own before her lips met mine once again. I'm forced to lean back, my hands grabbing her waist as she straddles my lap. Her lips are addicting. 

Though it was just simple multiple pecks, it was enough to leave me craving more. I frown the second she pulls away. The brown-skinned woman chuckles as she notices the pout on my lips. "I think you'll be fine with just this. We haven't even been on our second date, I can't give you the real thing yet," she mutters, pecking my lips once more.

"Doesn't this count as a second date? I'm literally at your place," I spit jokingly, leaning up to capture her lips again but she pulls away before I can.

She laughs, eyes leaving mine. "Wasn't it you who said we needed to pace ourselves because you weren't ready for that just yet? It hasn't been more than two weeks since you said that."

I roll my eyes playfully. "Yeah, well that was before I got the opportunity to kiss you," I pout as she licks her lips teasingly. Her gaze meets mine again as she smiles down at me playfully. "May I give you something else instead?" she questions causing my brows to raise.