Chapter 11

"Good morning

"Good morning." A voice says as I start to wake up, I turn over and Jackson is lying on the other side me of "hi." I say smiling. Jackson leans over and kisses me gently on the lips "what time have you got to be in today?" He asks "I was thinking we could grab breakfast out." I lean over him and grab my phone looking at all of the texts from Lexie, Derek and Callie I missed. I fall back onto the pillow and curl into Jackson's side "8:30" I answer and he sits up suddenly.

He throws the duvet off and takes my hand "let's go." He says looking at me with his beautiful blue eyes sparkling. I giggle and get up "alright let's go."

Within half an hour we are dressed and out of his apartment on the way to get breakfast. I am singing along to a song in the car as I am driving, drumming my hands on the wheel when I feel Jackson's gaze on me "what?" I ask laughing lightly and he shakes his head "nothing." We turn into the parking lot of the cafe and I turn off the engine. Jackson leans over and kisses me gently, so gently I am sure I dreamed it "we should go and get food." I say deeply and he nods, cupping my face in his hands "yes we should."

On the way into the hospital I say goodbye to Jackson and find Mark waiting for me "so how are the two love birds?" He asks and I roll my eyes. It's been almost 3 weeks since New Years and since Alex never returned any of the my calls and dodged me in hallways at work. I chose Jackson. I don't regret it for the most part, he is good to me, better then I deserve really. "Stop calling us that, it's weird." I say pushing my bag up my shoulder and ignoring my rumbling stomach because no, we did not end up getting breakfast.

"Why not?" Mark asks as he opens in locker in the attending's lounge "also what is your thing with dating younger men?" I frown and lean against my own locker. Folding my arms cooly I fire back "what's your thing with dating younger women?" Mark narrows his eyes at me and throws me my lab coat "touché Tearney touché." I laugh and he tells me all about how Sloan is getting an ultrasound on her baby today. "That's cute." I muse as we make into the hallway "does she want to know the gender?" He shrugs looking a little shyly at me "I don't know." He admits. I frown and stop where we are "you don't know?" He shakes his head guiltily "Mark! That is your daughter and you don't even know if she wants to know the gender of her own baby? YOUR grandchild."

He scratches the back of his neck "well, when you say it like that..." he mumbles and I sigh, nudging his arm lightly "you said you were going to be there for her, so be there for her." He nods and looks down at me comfortingly "you're right." He says and I smile "of course I am. I'm always right."

I am sitting with Callie, Bailey, Derek and Owen watching the playbacks of football player that is currently in the hospital when someone I don't expect comes round the corner with Mark. "Addison fucking Montgomery!" I say launching myself at her, I wrap my arms around her and take in her scent of sun screen and vanilla "you get lost on the freeway?" Callie asks as everyone else gets up to greet her.

"Sloan's got a little something going on with the baby." Mark explains and Bailey looks concerned as she asks "oh, she ok?". Addison squeezes my hand and leans in to whisper in my ear "we have so much to catch up on." I nod my in agreement and open my mouth to comment on how great she looks when I'm cut off by Mark saying "I'm gonna go see if they're ready." Addison gently rubs his back once and we watch him go off.

An intern comes to a screeching stop in front of Bailey then who snaps "you know how long I've been waiting? You pull his labs with leeches?" She snatches the paper from his hand and storms into the office behind us. The door slams and Addison comments "she's perkier than usual." Callie and I chuckle a little before I say "divorce'll do that to you."

Addison sighs "ah sad." Callie shrugs and adds gently "oh, she'll move on and be happy. She just needs someone to move onto." Addison smiles and her eyes wander to Derek for a moment and I know she is thinking about them "well, that can't be so hard." She says. Derek, who seems to be enjoying himself is targeted by Addison as she says "hey, wait. What about you? Can't you find her someone?" He shakes his head but she continues "that guy from Oncology, the cute one. Isn't he still here?"

Derek looks up at her and shakes his head again "that's not my area." He insists before looking back down at his paper. Addie throws her arms up in the air "he used to play basketball with him. Dave." Derek looks up again, eager to move the conversation away "Torres should do it. They're friends."I check the time and politely excuse myself to go down to a surgery.

On my way back up from surgery I spot Alex talking to another resident. Reid, I think. And my heart starts to do summersaults. This might be the day he actually speaks to me again. I make towards him but am stopped in my tracks by Jackson who steps in front of me holding a bag and a cup of coffee "for you." He says kissing me gently. I lean into his kiss as I take the items from him.

"Thank you." I say smiling while keeping my eyes from wandering to Alex who is walking further and further away. Jackson puts his hands in his pockets "what?" I ask, since I have noticed he stopped talking. He laughs slightly and wipes his mouth with his hand "I was wondering if you wanted to do dinner and a movie tonight?" He asks and I sigh clutching the bag tighter "I can't" I answer "I'm pulling a double shift." Jackson nods as though he has planned for this already "I'll just bring you dinner here." I give him a look of adoration.

"If you bring me dinner, I will love you forever." I kiss his cheek but just as I pull away he grabs my waist "see you later?" He asks gently and I nod, he tucks a strand of my hair out of my face "good." He touches his nose to mine briefly before heading down the opposite end of the corridor.

I am sitting down doing paper work in an office when Meredith comes bursting in "what's wrong?" I ask not looking up from my work. She sits down in a chair next to me and is silent for a few more seconds before she starts "Alex is moving on" I frown, still not looking up "and why is that my problem?" I ask. She moves forward "because he is moving on to Reid, who is using him to get surgeries." I look up now and lean back in my chair.

I sigh heavily "Meredith, I love you." I say "but Alex is a grown man. He can make his own decisions, if he wants to sleep with Reid, he can sleep with Reid." Meredith gives me an intense stare I have only seen her use on people she believes are being extremely stupid "Andy, I know you still care for him. You may be with Avery now but what you and Alex had was real. Like me and Derek real ok and he is throwing it away with Reid. Who is ratty at best and a disgusting evil slut at worst. So go and talk some sense it to him."

Even after that long speech I still shake my head and go back to my paper "my answer is no. Let him do what we wants." She sighs and pushes out of her seat and stalks to the door "i just hope you know what your doing." She says and doesn't give me enough time to speak. As soon as she leaves I drop my pen and put my head in my hands. I'm with Jackson. I like Jackson. There is another knock on the door and said man appears "I bought you food." He says coming in and shutting the door " spaghetti Bolognese i know it's your favourite." I lick my lips and wait until he has sat down to rob him of his food.

As I start to shovel the food down Jackson chuckles and moves my feet so they are resting on his lap "having a good day?" He asks and I nod my head. I finish my mouthful and answer properly "yep, did a valve replacement on a 17 year old and a appendectomy on a 2 year old." He nods and starts telling me about his day as he rubs my feet. I moan gently, shoving more pasta into my mouth. I am actually in heaven right now.

"I have a proposal for you." Jackson says and I raise my brows, he laughs again "no not a marriage proposal. A move in with me proposal." I lower my fork slowly and wipe my mouth incase I have sauce all over it "are you serious?" I ask and he nods his head. I take my feet off of his lap and he goes slightly red "only if you want to. I don't want to force you, incase it's too soo-" I cut him over with a deep kiss, catching him off guard.

When I pull away I whisper "yes." He smiles and we kiss again.