Chapter 49

With my family safely tucked back into the respective corners of the country I can now finally have some peace and quiet in my own damn home

With my family safely tucked back into the respective corners of the country I can now finally have some peace and quiet in my own damn home. Honestly it's like living on a farm. But Alex loves it, I guess because his family life wasn't the greatest he loves the fact he can blend into mine without an issue. Mum wanted to plan my wedding all on her own and I told her she can help me pick the flowers but that is it, because she has a tendency to make things the way she wants it rather then the taste of the actual person.

Alex and I plan to go and visit a few venues that are available for the date we picked. Yes I know it is very weird to do it this way but when you are doctors and 99% of your guests are doctors the date is the first thing you need to nail down. Our venue choice has already narrowed because I refuse to get married in a church, if I never step foot in a church again it will be too soon and Alex agreed to whatever would make me happiest. Because he is a goddamn angel.

We are currently at a baseball pitch practicing for our game against another hospital, naturally most of the men are really good but so is Lexie, Teddy and I. Meredith and Cristina aren't really into it. "Where did you learn how to play like that?" Owen asks me as I adjust my hat against the sun. "Me and my sisters had to entertain ourselves somehow while we lived in army camps."I explain picking up the bat. Owen tilts his head in interest "you were an army brat?" He asks. I nod my head and hold up the bat "for a little while." I answer "my mum was a doctor in the army for a while before they decided to settle when I was about 14."

Hunt throws the ball and I swing, hitting it and sending it far out on the field.

"Sloan." Hunt calls to the plastic surgeon who is currently snogging his new girlfriend, who just so happens to be on the other team "focus." All the guys start calling him then. I go and Stan with Teddy and Arizona "who is that?" the Cardio Goddess asks wrinkling her nose in disgust "Julia Canner or Kinney." I answer "she's an ophthalmologist from Seattle Pres." Lexie is up to bat and has a look over vengeance on her face.

Arizona looks over at us from the other side of the fence "Mark's been seeing her." She adds sounding a little skeptical as he is still obviously hung up on Lexie. Callie chuckles "every night this week." Callie then turns to our old chief who is sitting, shouting words of encouragement to us. "Webber." She calls "why don't you come down here and show us how it's done?" He pushes his glasses further up his nose.

"Let me finish this chapter." He replies holding up his book "I need my energy for the game. In my experience, we'll need it." As Lexie moves onto the base Teddy clutches onto the iron-link fence in front of us "Hunt." She calls to Owen "when are you gonna let me pitch? I'm a really good pitcher." Owen looks behind his back at us and replies swiftly "we're fine."

This makes Altamn jump up and down like a child as he continues "Shepherd throws an unbeatable screwball, all right? Now, Little Grey, let's go."Derek throws the ball and she hits it cleanly before racing for the other bases.