Chapter 31

Alex and I lay in bed

Alex and I lay in bed. Completely naked. "I was thinking." Alex starts as I trace a finger over his body "hmm." I say letting him continue. His body is warm against mine and I relish in it as he says "maybe we could start looking for own place." I pause my finger and lean back so I can look at his face. His eyes are slightly dropped, tired. I prop myself up on my elbow "are you serious?" I ask and he nods. I laugh and pull him onto me "yes! Seriously yes!" He laughs and kisses me deeply wrapping his arm around my waist.

We get dressed for the day and as we do I can't help but smile. Alex is ready to move in with me. Or away with me since we are getting a new place. Together. I finish curling my hair and Alex comes over and kisses me on the cheek "who's service are you on today?" I ask conversationally. Alex ties his shoelaces and answers "I'm not sure yet, probably Stark since you got me back in his good graces." I snort and shake my head.

I switch off the curling iron and place it down to cool "I didn't do anything, I just set him straight. All that power going to his head." I tell Alex and he snorts. He stands up and pulls me up too "yeah right." He says and connects our lips again.

-

I stand next to Bailey when Owen and Teddy come in. All of us are staring at the Tv "... major Seattle area shooting. We have reports that a gunman has opened fire on students and faculty." Lots of people are crying, Mark is comforting Lexie but I am frozen in place.

Pushing back the thoughts, the nightmares of what happened that day. "Bailey." Owen says "Bailey fill us in." She tilts her head, her eyes still glued to the screen and opens her mouth but shuts it again as the news reporter continues to speak "we now take you live to our on scene reporter. Students and faculty are still in the building."

I take a shuddering breath and take out my phone. I message Alex who is speaking with Robbins because apparently she's back and that's what was wrong with Callie last night.

Alex have you seen the news?

My phone buzzes instantly.

Yeah. Are you ok?

I'm ok. Are you ok?

I'm fine.

I put my phone back in my lab coat pocket and Miranda gives me a sad look. Then we all spring into action.

Out in the ambulance bay Jackson helps tie up my apron "thanks." I say gently and he nods, his eyes averted "no problem.". Owen comes out from getting the ER prepped "there are fifteen ambulances on the way." He says "maybe more to come. First one is three minutes out." I spot Alex who is standing next to Meredith.

"Has he told you what we are doing later?" I ask the blonde, she looks over at me with a confused look on her face and shakes her head "no Alex hasn't said anything." I glance at the man who is already looking at me. I start smiling again, despite what is coming our way in a few moments "house hunting." Meredith's face lights up and she hits Alex ok the shoulder. "This is big Alex what the hell." He shrugs and dodges another blow "it was only decided today." She rolls her eyes.