Chapter 15

"Baby!" I call out as I grab my phone and keys from the nightstand "can you put me on some-" but I'm cut off as I leave the bedroom to Jackson handing me a travel mug of "coffee

"Baby!" I call out as I grab my phone and keys from the nightstand "can you put me on some-" but I'm cut off as I leave the bedroom to Jackson handing me a travel mug of "coffee." He finishes kissing me gently on the lips. I lean into his touch for a moment before he pulls away "I'll see you at work." I kiss him again, firmer this time before rushing out of the door.

It's raining typical Seattle and I jump in my car, I have an earlier start then Jackson today and so will be taking separate cars. I hate driving in the rain but Jackson won't come into work earlier so I guess we have to compromise. I let myself think about the fact that Alex would have driven me either way before I shake it out of my head and carry on driving to work.

I arrive at work swiftly, ignoring the sick feeling in my stomach as I finally step out of my car. My pager goes off almost instantly and I rush to the ER. So this is going to be a fun day.

I finish up with my patient in the ER when Arizona comes over followed by Teddy "Andy." She says "you are going to say yea to a girls night tonight." I frown taking off my latex gloves "I am?" I ask the other peds attending nods her head "you are because we are your friends and also I think Alex should be on your service since I can't look at him after I found out he and Callie slept together." I shake my head firmly "I love you Arizona so I'm going to say yes to girls night but I don't love you enough to say yes about Alex." She sighs and nods like she understands before walking away with Teddy as her shadow.

I am walking with Meredith down a hall when Cristina joins us, finally in her scrubs and pinning her hair "i misdiagnosed Harper Avery. In front of Harper Avery." She says and I smile, Meredith wears a matching expression "do you know what that does to my chances of one day winning a Harper Avery?" She continues when neither of us speaks. Meredith forever the optimist says "well he could die before then. He could die today even."

Yang scoffs "I need to operate on my motorcycle daredevil guy and I'll be fine." Then she looks over at me "did you know Jackson's his Grandson?" I tilt my head to the side "who? The motorcycle guy? Isn't he a bit young?" She looks like she wants to hit me but refrains ignoring my comment. Lexie comes over just in time with a question of her own "is it true Harper Avery's here?" Meredith giggles to herself and ignores her little sister's question opting to embarrass her instead "so Derek walked in on her naked this morning in Alex's bed."

Cristina starts laughing along with Meredith and I quietly excuse myself. It shouldn't bother me, it doesn't bother me. I shake my head and go up to a nurses station to ask where Harper Avery is staying "he doesn't want to be bothered." The nurse says without answering my question. I smile sweetly and lean on the desk "that's not what I asked." I say politely and she looks up at me "he is Ill and shouldn't have fans crowding around his bed."

I heave a heavy sigh and say "look, I asked you what room he is in because he is my boyfriend's grandfather and I want to make sure he is alright. So I'm going to ask again. Where is Harper Avery's room?" The nurse seems flustered and gives me the room number. I smile and stand up straight "wasnt so hard was it?" I say before sauntering off.