Chapter 68

6 Hours

6 Hours

I'm pacing up and down on the OR floor nervously. "Hey." Bailey says looking concerned as she makes her way over to me "what's wrong?" She asks. I bite the inside of my cheek before answering "it's been 6 hours and they haven't called. What is something went wrong." Bailey sighs and stuffs her hands into her pockets casually "I'm sure it's fine, they are probably just in surgery." I shake my head and continue with my pacing "nine hours Bailey, Arizona was supposed to call when they landed 4 hours ago."

She rubs my arm comfortingly and gives me a soft look "it's fine Andy. What could possibly have happened to them on such a short flight?" I take a breath and relax slightly "you're right, you're right." I say "thank you." Bailey nods and continues on her way.

7 hours

I am sitting in the resident's lounge with Alex and Jackson as April walks in while saying "could someone please mercy kill me, so I don't have to go to this thing?" She is of course talking about the dinner Richard is taking the residents to as a celebration of passing their boards. Of course, April was still invited regardless of her results. "You do me, I'll do you," Alex replies and I roll my eyes, placing a hand on my stomach. "Better leave me a bullet." Jackson says "hell if I'm alone." I sigh and lean back on one of my hands "you guys are so dramatic." I muse "this is a good thing, Webber is taking you guys out to dinner to celebrate. It isn't a funeral."

Alex kisses my forehead affectionally "of course you would say that, you're not a resident. Yang and Grey skipped town at the perfect time." He says and April shakes her head and replies matter of factly "oh no, they will be back in time for the dinner because I had to pick up their stupid dry cleaning and then dig through their stupid closets for their stupid heels, all the while babysitting Mer's stupid kid." I raise my eyebrows at her and she goes slightly red and embarrassed "she's not stupid. She's actually adorable." She amends quickly.

"Hey have you decided on Tulane yet?" Alec asks Jackson casually, Jackson never looks away from April as he replies "no, I'm still weighing my options." I narrow my eyes at the two of them as I start to wonder whether there is a hidden meaning in that answer meant only for April Kepner. April and Jackson start talking when I feel a sudden shoot of pain in my stomach making me wince and curse "shit." Everyone stops and looks at me, Alex is by my side "you ok?" He asks.

I nod my head and rub my stomach gently "yeah I'm fine. It's just because I am worried about the others." Alex sighs and tilts my head up by my chin and pecks me gently "they are going to be fine stop worrying." I nod and we leave the resident's lounge.

9 hours

It's the evening and I am anxiously waiting for their return from the twin surgery. Alex stops me pacing by grabbing both my arms "look." He says "I have to go to this stupid dinner with Webber and you are going to go home and sit on the couch and do nothing but eat potato chips and watch trashy tv ok?" I stare into his dark eyes anxiously. A pit formed in my stomach "something bad has happened to them Alex I can feel it. Lexie and I have plans tonight."

Alex pulls me into him and strokes my hair comfortingly "nothing has happened to them, they are probably running behind schedule. All this stress isn't good for the baby, go home and rest. Seriously. I'll be home in a couple of hours." I sigh and step back, running a hand through my hair. "Fine, ok but if I don't hear from them before midnight I'm calling Hunt." Alex offers his hand and I shake it firmly "deal." He says. This was supposed to calm me but it has only made me more anxious.

I am in the bath when I get the call. I pick up the phone since I had it right beside the tub since I am on call. "Tearney." I say as an answer and I hear Owen on the other end "Andy, you need to come in. We found them." My heart drops and I feel sick. "I'll be right there," I say before ending the call and getting out of the bathtub.

A/N: I'm sorry this is a short chapter!!!!! But finally the plane crash has happened!!! Now for the aftermath hehehe