Chapter 75

We are sitting at Bailey's wedding reception, waiting for her to show up

We are sitting at Bailey's wedding reception, waiting for her to show up. Ben comes back from seeing the bridesmaids look slightly disheartened. My phone buzzes and it's a picture of Willow from our babysitter "Aw, look at her." I say showing Alex the photo. He smiles, a smile he can only show for our daughter and takes my phone "She gets more adorable every day." He replies before handing the phone back to me. I put it back in my purse before replying "I know."

Ben comes strolling over to the centre of the aisle "Could I have everyone's attention please?" He asks and the guests quiet down My beautiful wife-to-be has been pulled into an emergency surgery, so things will be delayed for a little while. Those of you who are doctors will understand. And those who aren't.... well they're setting up the buffet, the bar's open in the back. Drink, eat, and just as soon as we're able, we'll have a little wedding." The chatter starts up again and people start to move around.

"I'm gonna go to the bathroom," I tell my husband before kissing him on the cheek and swiftly leaving the room. Once inside the restroom, I do what I need to do and then come out and wash my hands. I look at myself in the mirror. My hair, my makeup, my dress. Something feels wrong. I push that feeling away and head back into the main room.

I find Alex sitting with Jackson, April and two of the interns. One of which is talking rapidly as I make my way over "had. actually been growing nails instead of hair. Like fingernails." I sit down next to Alex and he slides me a plate of food "Thanks." I whisper before picking up what looks like Mac&cheese in adorable cupcake cases. "Cool story bro," Jackson says with wide eyes as he picks up his glass and the intern shoots awkwardly, unsure of what to do before asking "Can I get anyone a coffee." I almost choke on my food when he says that, clearly he thinks we are at the hospital.

"No." Everyone answers and my phone buzzes again, this time the babysitter is asking where the formula is and I quickly shoot her a reply. The intern leaves and April immediately starts complaining "It's like having dinner with Ripley's Believe it or not!" I pick up my wine glass and sip from it "So, you're starting to regret this whole let's bring dates idea?" Jackson asks and I silently wonder what they are talking about. Although asking your ex-boyfriend about his love life in front of your husband could be an awkward conversation.

April looks up and smiles at him sweetly while Alex and I continue to silently eat. "No." She answers "No, I love Ripley's believe it or not!" As Alex cuts up the meat on his plate he scoffs "I love easy wedding sex, which me and Andy are going to have in about 5 minutes." He takes a few bites of his food before standing up and dragging me with him. I giggle as we head up to our room.

-

We finally watch as Bailey and Ben get married. Both of them are extremely happy as though nothing went wrong at all and I am so happy for them. We all cheer as Bailey and Ben stand on the dance floor and kiss, Callie and Arizona finally make an appearance. "Took your time didn't you," I whisper to the brunette as she sits down beside me, she rolls her eyes and I smile. Bailey spots them and cuts her kiss with her husband short "I hope whatever you were doing was worth it, cause you're a terrible maid of honour." She says and Ben basically holds her back. "What did I miss?" Meredith asks sliding into her seat next to Arizona "Oh pretty much everything." I say taking a sip of my champagne. "And Bailey called me her maid of honour." Callie answers.

We watch as the newlyweds have their first dance. Alex takes my hand and squeezes it, I look at him lovingly. We kiss gently and Arizona starts making puking noises "Get a room you two." She says. We pull apart grinning and Alex replies "We did." And our friend groans. They finally finish their first dance and Bailey comes over to me, "Oh no, please." I beg but Bailey giggles and pulls me up and towards the dance floor.

I signal to the other girls and thankfully they come to my rescue. We are all dancing. Me, Bailey, Arizona, Callie, April and Meredith. For the first time in a long time, I am having great fun.