1.

Small Heath, Birmingham 1923

    The cigarette smoke blended right in with the air that surrounded Tommy Shelby as he walked down the road towards his Uncle Charlie's Yard.

On the outside, one might say that everything was just about falling into place for the gangster. Less than a year ago was Epsom. Coming within an inch of death, he felt more alive than ever. He had Grace back. Along with his new born son, Charlie.
He was a family man now.

Although the rest of the Shelby family wasn't too fond of the idea, but as time went by they've come to accept it.

Everyday he looked forward to going home to his son. As they have recently moved into Arrow house. Where they can have all the privacy and peace they want.
But there was always more work to be done. And with a mind like Tommy Shelby's peace can only last for so long.

Finally arriving at the yard, Tommy took one last hit from his cigarette before throwing it to the side, continuing his way to the stables.

Upon entering he went straight over to his favorite beast, Monaghan Boy. He plans to move him over to arrow house once everything is settled there. The giant beast let out an excited huff of air from its nose once seeing his owner.

Reaching his hand up to run it down the horses nose in greeting Tommy whispered,
"Ello there boy. How you doin'?"
The horse Nodded his head a little, almost as if giving a positive response. At this Tommy let a tiny smirk fall onto his lips.

Noticing something on the ground to the right of him, he looks over.

Scrunched up in a ball on the ground, next to a couple hay bales, was a dirty, old, ripped brown blanket and a couple eaten peaches. The cores laying next to the blanket.

Letting out a sigh Tommy reached down to pick the blanket up, placing it on the bale. Thinking Curly must've snuck out here to sleep with the horse again. He made a note to talk to him and Charlie about it. With one last pat on Monaghan Boys nose, he went of the find his uncle.

   A little further down, he spotted the two by the canal, over looking the latest shipment.

Hearing the approaching footsteps, Charlie turned to see his nephew walking very powerfully towards him.

"Charlie, Curly" Tommy said nodding at the two men.

"Ello, Tommy, what brings you down 'ere?" Curly turned to reply to him, while nervously spinning his hat around in his hands.
"Came to check on the incoming shipments" flicking his eyes to Charlie, who let out a grunt and nod, "everything fine down 'ere Tom, how's that boy of yours doin'?"
Tommy lips slightly turned upwards, looking at his shoe, "He's great, can't keep your eyes off him since he started crawling 'round"
"Well, if he's anything like his father, he'll never stop moving again" Charlie replied.

Scoffing Tommy tilted his head up, pointing a finger at Curly,
"Oi, no more sleeping in the stables with the horses. It's getting colder, you'll catch your death out 'ere"

Curly looked confused at first, but quickly turned guilty, knowing what he's talking about.
"Curly ain't been out 'ere, fast asleep the second we hit 'ome" Charlie quickly budded in.

Flicking his gaze over, Tommy was confused for a second, "There's some scrapes and a blanket over in boy's stall."

Charlie nods towards Curly, "go check it out and clean it up real quick before we head 'ome"
"course, Charlie" Curly hurriedly answered before quickly turning away, going towards the stalls. Both men watched after him a little suspiciously before turning back towards the canal.