28.

Arthur's speech didn't go as smoothly as she hoped.

It was awkward and forced and anyone could tell how nervous he was up there. He walked out with Linda shortly after Tommy interrupted him. Who then quickly followed behind the couple.

Around her, all the guests started to stand up and make their way into the ballroom, for the rest of the nights activities.

Instead of joining them, Bella decided to make her way outside to check on the brothers.

What she found was not what she was expecting. Standing on top of the stairs, with her hands on her hips and an amused smile on her face. She watched the two brothers chase each other around the fountain.

That was until Arthur hurt his knee and started crying out in pain.

"You boys can't be left alone for five minutes ehh?" She called out to them. Causing Tommy to stop and look up at her, making his way over to her.

"Everything alright Bella?" He asked once he got closer, checking her over for any injuries

Nodding up at him, "yes. Is everything alright here?" She asked while gesturing towards Arthur who was still complaining and talking about how he reached his drinking limit

"Yes." He answered and turned back to Arthur.

Bella listened as Tommy told him that he needed him. That the title of the day really didn't matter much.

"...you're my best man everyday Arthur."  He finished

Bella smiled as she watched them.

"Look I need you two to find John and sober him up. The Russians have made contact and it's time to start business" Tommy said and pointed at Bella and then Arthur "and you. don't. leave. His. side."

"Okay Tommy" Bella answered, she could tell how stressed he was. The day in general had him worn out and now the Russian business has started, leaving him flustered. She'll do whatever she needs to in order to help him, she was glad he trusted her to be involved. Tommy turned to go down the hall with the rest of the guests.

Bella then turned to the man next to her, placing a hand on his shoulder. "Are you really okay Arthur?"

Still slightly out of breath "ya sister im alright"

Giving him a reassuring smile "if it means anything, I liked your speech."

Scoffing at her comment. She nodded her head with a smile
"No really! If I ever get married I want you to speak at it as well!"

"Lookin' forward to it Bell. Now come we have John boy to find" he said trying to move away from the conversation

Giggling she followed him.

*****

After finding John and gathering the rest of the Peaky boys. Tommy ordered to start a horse race, in order for a distraction.

The Russian, Anton Kaledin, is suppose to meet them in the stables. He's suppose to come with a good deal of money. It was our job to to make sure he comes unarmed.

Bella leaned against the wall next to Arthur. With John a few feet away smoking a cigar.

Bella felt Arthur look over at her. She looked up at him, waiting for him say something.