91.

Bella stayed in the house with Charlie, Polly and Tommy.

Today was the only day Polly was due to leave it in order to take Michael home from the hospital.
After months of being in the hospital, he was finally healed enough to rest at home.
So she took some men with her to get her son.

Tommy went to the office this morning, so Arthur volunteered to stay with Bella and Charlie in the mean time.
Everyone knows Bella can handle herself and Charlie but with her current pregnancy and how Changretta put a pin on her last time, everyone was a little wary to leave her.

The three of them sat at the small kitchen table, eating dinner. Bella cooked, it wasn't much just some pork and potatoes, but it was enough.

She wasn't concentrated on the food in front of her, but instead on the eldest Shelby brother who was slowly moving the food around his plate.
"Don't like my cooking?"

He looked up at her question, feeling bad for being caught spacing out.
"No, that's not it at Bell. sorry, just not that hungry love."

She nodding, believing him but knowing there's more to it.
Looking at Charlie who was just finishing up his plate, "Charlie, you may be excused and can go back to playing with your trains."

With wide eyes, he finished shoving his last few bites into his mouth before putting his plate by the sink to go back to playing.

Once he left the room, Bella turned back to Arthur. Who let his head hang down as she spoke her next sentence.
"You're using more, that's why you're not hungry."

She knows he's been on the snow for quite some time, and knows when the substance starts to take over not just the mind but also the body. She's seen it happen with her own mother and refuses to let it happen to her brother too.
The signs are all there. The lack of appetite, the sunken face, the inability to function without it.

When he didn't say anything, she let out a sigh stretching her hand out to place it on his.
"I know it's hard Arthur, but we can find a better way of coping. I know your thought haunt you too."

He slowly looked at up her again. He never quite understood how Bella has to power to comfort people. Placing herself in their shoes.
But he won't let his issues becomes hers as well, she has enough to deal with.

Placing his other hand on top of both of theirs he gave them a squeeze.
"Dont worry about me, Bell. Need ya to take care of yourself, after all this business is done I promise I'll find a better way."

Bella can tell he really didn't want to speak about it any further and although she wants to, she won't push him. Hoping the business will be done soon, and he'll stick to his words, she nodded.
"Alright, Arthur. But I just hope you know that you can always speak to me, I'll listen."

He hesitantly nodded. "I know, love, I know."

Her attention got pulled away when the front door opened.
Although she knew who it had to be, her first instinct was to get up and go to Charlie.

Standing next to him in the living room, as Polly walked in first with Michael close behind.
He was moving slow and with a cane, making Bella's heart hurt.
Her eyes went to the floor, having a hard time looking at him.

"I would like to you all to help welcome Michael home." Polly announced to the group

"Ello, boy, how ya feel?" Arthur asked walking past Bella and Charlie over to his cousin, lightly padding his shoulder.

"Good, better, thank you Arthur-" Michael nodded then looked over at Bella, amazed with how big she's gotten since he's last seen her
"-ello Bella, how're you?"