55.

Bella's been staying with her Mum for a couple of weeks now.

Her time spent here in Lockwood Village hasn't been as peaceful and healing as she hoped.

Knocking on her Mum's door in the middle of the night with her face bruised and tear stained cheeks, didn't sit well with Eleanor.

Not that Bella blamed her. Eleanor's first thought was that Tommy did it.
After lots of crying and yelling, Bella was able to reassure her that Tommy would never lay on a hand on her.

But it did mean that she had to come clean about the lifestyle she was involved in...

She told her mum everything. From what happened in foster care, to London, to how she ended up with the Peaky Blinders.
And of course, Eleanor blamed herself.

It wasn't the dream she had for her daughter, being involved with gangsters. But it appears she had been for most of her adulthood. Eleanor thought if she had been a better mother and stayed clean back then, none of this would've happened.

Bella explained that she didn't regret any of it. That the work helped her have control over her mind,...and that if none of it happened she would've never found Tommy.

And Bella could never regret Tommy.

She hasn't talked to him since the night she left the Arrow House. She knew that he called her mums house the day after she arrived, wanting to make sure she made it here okay. But Eleanor talked to him, Bella thought it would just make things harder if she did.
Bella also had a suspicion that Eleanor was giving Tommy updates about her well being, she hears her mum go downstairs and talk on the phone every few days when she thought Bella was sleeping.

Even after everything Eleanor learned about Tommy and what he's done...he'll always have a special place in her heart.
He brought her only daughter back to her and that was worth something.

She understood that what he did was wrong, but Eleanor prayed that one day Bella will find forgiveness in her heart. Because the two of them somehow found each other in this life and share a love that is hard to come across.

Bella just finished wrapping her scarf around her neck, taking one last look in the mirror of her current bedroom.

She was wearing a long dark maroon dress, with winter boots and a heavy coat and scarf.
It was mid November, and the weather outside reflected that.

Leaning closer inspecting her face. The bruises were mostly gone now, they healed well in the last few weeks. Leaving behind a small scar on her forehead, but she wouldn't dare complain. She could've been left with a lot more than a small scar.

Signing as she leaned back, grabbing her bag and headed downstairs.

She was off to London today. Going to the prison to visit the family. Having visited a couple times since they've been in there.
Each time always makes her feel more guilty.

Linda and Esme refuse to go visit them in there. Says that it just makes it harder and they'll wait for them to get out.

Bella couldn't blame them for thinking that, although she still thinks they should go see their husbands.
She misses them and couldn't imagine how they must feel all alone in there.

Peaking into the living room to see her mum sat on the couch petting her cat, Winnie. He's gotten so big since she first found him, it really showed how much time has passed since then...

"I'll be back later, Mum." Bella said making her presence known

Looking up with a smile, "alright darlin', you have a nice day now, be safe!"