86.

Jesse had agreed to meet with Bella at the Garrison this afternoon.

Pushing the heavy bar door open, Bella looked around the bar room for the woman. Her eyes finally landing on her sitting to the left in a booth, looking around patiently.

Bella walked up to the table with a smile, "what would you like to drink?"

Jesse jumped slightly, not seeing her coming before hand, but quickly returned the smile once she saw who it was.
Although she didn't know the woman too well, but by their short conversation in her hotel room she admired her.
"Oh, I'll just have a beer. Nothing too expensive."

Bella instantly shook her head. "Anything you'd like, on the house. Whiskey okay?"

"Whiskey would be wonderful." Jesse answered. Then watched as Bella gave her a nod and turned to the bar counter.
In this day in age, women aren't allowed to drink in bars without the company of a man. So Jesse loved watching Bella walk right up to the counter as if this rule never existed.

Less than a minute later, Bella retuned placing the glass of whiskey in front of Jesse and a glass on water for herself.

Scrunching her eyes, Jesse asked "not drinking?"

Shaking her head "no. I don't drink with the baby. I know what it does to a man's mind and don't believe it could be good for a baby."

"That's a very admirable thing to do, Ms. Ray."

"Please, call me Bella."

Jesse gave her a small smile taking a sip, "why did you want to met today, Bella?"

Folding her hands on the table in front of her "I enjoyed our last conversation. I believe in what you're standing up for. Now my fiancé's businesses are run by him, I don't control them, but I can influence him to do what is right. And I believe you can give me the knowledge of what is right."

Jesse held her gaze for a moment, she has more power over Mr. Shelby's businesses than she thinks. From what Jesse's heard, he would do anything for her.
"How did you and Mr. Shelby meet? If you don't mind me asking."

Bella smiled at her question, she loved telling people this story. It was an unusual one, but with all the madness it brought them to where they are now.
"A few years ago, he found me sleeping in his stables and gave me a chance..."

The two women stayed in that booth for hours. Although they didn't talk much about the revolution.

Bella shared her story about meeting Tommy and all the ups and down since then, well most of their story, leaving out parts about the Peaky Blinders business. she doesn't need to know that.

But after hearing how Tommy helped this girl in front of her and even ending up falling in love with her, Jesse has a new respect for the man.
She learned that he really was a powerful man, but also that Bella was a power woman.

And after a few drinks, Jesse thought Bella was the funniest person she's ever met. It wasn't often she got to laugh during her stay in the city.
But after spending her afternoon with the soon to be Mrs. Shelby, Jesse believes she found a new friend.

"Well, Bella, I thank you for inviting me here today. I really enjoyed our time. But now that you got me good and drunk, I think its time I head back to my room before you have to carry me there."

Bella let out an airy laugh with a smile, running her hand over her belly. "Not sure how much help I'd be with that. But I suppose you're right, I should head home as well before Tommy sends troops out looking for me."