38.

The sun was warm on her face.

Bella sat on a loveseat in Polly's tea room, reading a book.

Reading as a form of relaxation that was not a privilege she had growing up...and doing it now she didn't really understand why people enjoyed it so much.

Her mind would wonder else where and she'd end up having to re-read the whole page.

She often thought about Tommy. She still hasn't heard from him like she thought she would've by now.

Maybe he realized he didn't actually need her in his life...

Bella sighed thinking about it, and decided that he would have to come to her first he wanted to talk to her. She didn't want to intrude on his life.

Her thoughts about missing Tommy were once again interrupted by his sister entering the room with a tray of tea and whiskey.

She must know when my mind was thinking of her brother, Bella thought.

What Bella didn't except was to see the man of Polly's interest from the wedding enter behind her.

Sitting up straight, she offered him a smile "oh hello, I didn't know we had company"

Ada wore a small smile on her face as well "Bella, this is Ruben Oliver. He's going to be painting a portrait of our Polly for the office" she winked at her friend

Getting the gesture, Bella smile wider, loving the idea of setting Polly up with someone, she deserves it.

"Oh that's lovely! It's so nice to meet you Mr. Oliver" Bella turned her attention towards him

He nervously nodded at her "lovely to meet you as well, Bella correct?" He asked

She nodded at him, and gesturing to the chair to her right "please take a seat, I'm sure Polly will be here soon"

Ada plucked the book from Bella's hands, giving her a smile "I know you're not reading it anyways."
Bella gave her an embarrassed look back

The Shelby sister turn back towards Ruben "you're not one of those impressionists, are you?" She asked and plopped down in the seat across from Bella.

Ruben nervously played with his hat that rested on his knees. "No they're terribly political, don't you think?"

Ada raised an eyebrows at this "and you're not?"

"Goodness no. The people I work for just want me to paint what is there."

Bella stayed quiet during the conversation, as she didn't part take in things such as politics and the arts.
She turned her head and gasped when she saw Polly enter the room.
She looked absolutely gorgeous!

Ruben must've thought so as well, considering how he jumped out of his seat when he heard her.

Polly's smirk soon turned into a nervous look when she saw him staring at her.
"Well I thought I might wear this..."

Bella smirked looking at Ada, who returned it.

"Oh god, it's too much. I'll find something simpler." Polly gushed causing Bella to smirk more. She's never seen her so nervous before, it was so cute to watch.

"No, dont...suddenly I feel incompetent. You look beautiful and i dont know if I'll be able to capture your full beauty" Ruben said causing Polly to blush a little and look down.