29.

The short drive to the gates was quiet.

Slowing down once Moss was in sight. He stood in front of his car, waiting for them.

Tommy put the car in park and stepped out. He offered Bella a hand, which she gladly took, and let him help her out of the car as well.

"May I introduce you to the Grand Duchess Tatiana Petrovna" Moss said as the group approached. Just then a young woman, probably around Bella's age stepped out of the car.

She kept her gaze on Tommy, only giving Bella a passing glance.

"Grand Duchess, may I introduce you to the Shelby brothers and Ms. Bella Ray."

"Why is she here?" Tatiana asked, still not looking at her

Bella rolled her eyes at this, she already didn't like this woman.

"She's an asset to the company, now give me the money." Tommy answered.

Smirking "I see" she said finally looking at Bella then back to Tommy

"I said give me the money" he pushed again

Barely shaking her head, Tatiana refused again
"I was told to give it to Mr. Kaledin"

"Whoever it is up there, he gave the wrong name." Tommy started

"We asked him the name and he gave the wrong one." Bella finished

Tatiana looked annoyed at Bella "what name did he give then?"

"No. I don't trust any of you." Tommy shook his head at her.

"Now give him the money." Bella tested her

"The money is in the car Mr. Shelby"
Tatiana finally agreed, still not acknowledging Bella.

Tommy sent Finn to grab the money from the car and had Arthur count it, while he took out a cigarette.

Tommy looked at Bella, and once she felt his stare she looked up at him. He gave her a slight nod, which she returned. He wanted to make sure she was okay.

Tatiana watched the two interact. She was curious as to what their relationship was. As far as she knew, today was his wedding day, but this woman didn't appear to be a bride.

"Yeah. We're good." Arthur said a few moments later

Just as Tommy called Moss to take her away, she spoke up again

"Can you do it?...can you kill?"she asked

Tommy looked very done with the conversation. "Moss you take the Duchess back to Birmingham" he said mockingly to her

Then he turned around, putting a hand on the bottom of Bella's back to guide her back into the car.

Bella looked over his shoulder at the Duchess one last time, giving her a warning glare, before climbing in next to Arthur.

The ride was silent again.
Bella could feel the tension in the vehicle.

Pulling back up to the front of the house, no one made a move to get out.

"So, we kill him?" Arthur spoke up from Bella's right

To her left Tommy answered "he's a red. We've been paid by the whites. It's part of the contract."

Arthur quickly got out of the car. He was upset that Tommy got involved in this.

Slamming the door, Arthur looked at the two still sitting in the car "and who shovels it? Hmmm?"