12.

For the next few days after the horse ride, Tommy was the only thing on Bella's mind.

She fell asleep thinking about him, she woke up thinking about him and she couldn't wait to go to work to see him everyday.

But She felt guilty about it.

Her feelings for the man were growing, and she knew she couldn't let them get any stronger than they were now.

She felt guilty because he had Grace, which she knows his feelings towards aren't what they should be. Still she wanted to encourage it, for Charlie.

She also felt guilty because of Vinny.

He was the one who told her to not wait for him and move on with her life. But that didn't help, he was her first love, her protector. It felt wrong to have these feelings towards a different man.

So she'll never voice them. And they will continue to be friends.

They both will just have to except that.

*****

Bella sat back in her chair.

It was a typical Thursday here at Shelby Co. Limited.

The week had been pleasant so far. Her and Tommy have been chatting more throughout the day, it seemed like they both always wanted to know what the other was thinking.

Speaking of which, Bella took this time to look over at him.

He was hunched over his desk, his eyebrows scrunched together tight in thought.

So she broke the silence, "you're thinking too hard"

He didn't look away from the paper
"No such thing"

"Mmhmm" she hummed as she stood up walking towards him.

He looked up then. Smirking at her and leaning back in his chair.

She came up to his left, leaning on the chair and placing her right hand over the back of it.
"Whatever you say Mr. Shelby."

He nodded looking up at her, "never stop thinking Peach, it's what keeps you on top"

She was about to say something witty back, but just then Arthur came through the doors,

Tommy sighed as Bella instantly left to give him a hug.

He was enjoying the moment they were sharing.

"Arthur! How are you?" She asked him as they let go of each other.

He held her at arms length, looking down at her, "I'm good love! But look at you! Love seeing you all healthy!...c'mon gimme a spin"

She giggled as Arthur held her hand spinning her in a circle.

She loved the tall man. He was easily a foot taller than her, so she had to look up at him.

Over her time spent with the Shelby's the two got pretty close. She would often find herself at the Garrison with him, after he'd come to the house ready to drag her there if she disagreed.

"What do you need Arthur?"
His brothers voiced caused him to look up from his newest friend.

Giving her another smile and nod he went up to Tommy desk, as she went back to her table.

"Something happened. John's been testing Angel and-"

Tommy put his hand up to stop him. He knew where this was heading. John can't leave the Italians alone, he did something stupid.