87.

Every time she turned her head she saw a man wearing a peaky cap.

The weather was starting to warm up, so Polly and Bella decided to go to the towns market for some fresh produce.

But of course, Tommy overloaded them with guards. Bella wasn't upset about it, knowing it is necessary.
Tommy even had Johnny Dogs come with them. Who was currently talking the women's ears off.

"I'll tell you ladies, fresh apples straight from the tree in the fields of Wales, best you'll ever have!"

Polly rolled her eyes, giving Bella a look. To which she tried to hide her giggle.
"Well, next time Bella and I are in Wales we'll be sure to try your magic apple tree."

"And you'll thank me when ya do!" Johnny cheered

Bella really likes the man. No matter what was happening he was always there with a smile on his face and a joke to tell.

The three spent some time walking around to the different stands, collecting fruits and vegetables, hoping they could put something together for the family.

Polly thought she needed to spend more time with Bella, she misses the girl and decided to find a way to help her get out of that dark house.
After a very strict conversation with Tommy, he finally agreed for them to go. But under the condition that they brought all the peaky men with them.
Polly tried to be annoyed about it, but really she thought it was sweet how much her nephew cares for this woman and herself during these times.

"Look, Doll, your favorite." Polly got Bella's attention, pointing to the peach stand.

Bella smiled, it was such a simple thing that somehow got attached to her name. But she thought it was sweet and wouldn't change a thing.
"I'll bring some home. Even though he doesn't like to admit it, Tommy loves them too."

Polly laughed with her. Men and their masculinity.

Johnny Dogs was busy harassing the man at the stand with his god awful jokes, as the two picked the best fruit.

The unstable fruit pile caused Bella to accidentally cause a few to roll to the ground.
"Oh, I'm sorry sir, I'll get those." She apologized to the merchant.
Who gave a nod back,
"It's quite alright, Ms. Ray."

Polly noticed that Bella was starting to slow down her mobility with her growing pregnancy,
"Let me get them for you." She offered but a Bella instantly shook her head. She hated having to get help for something as simple as a fallen fruit.

She tried bending over but found it hard to and no matter how much she tried, she still couldn't reach the ground.

Feeling Polly place a hand on her back, "really, please let me help you."

Shaking her head again "no, no, I got it."
Then started to squat as low as she could, finally grasping the fruit, standing up with a smile.
"See Pol, I told you I got it."

With a smirk, Polly shook her head at the girl. "That you did, Bell."

"Let's get a few more for Charlie to-"

Bella's thought was cut short when all of a sudden she was soaked. Gasping as she dropping the basket she was holding, now covered head to toe in dirty street water.

Without a second to spare, the peaky men came closer, Johnny dogs making his way in front of them and Polly pulling out the small gun she kept in her bag.

Wiping her eyes, shocked, Bella looked up to see what just happened. Standing a few feet away, was a woman, older than Bella, wearing worn ripped clothes, fallen hair in her face, and holding a wooden bucket as she glared in Bella's direction.