26.

Bella got Tommy a glass of whiskey, then poured herself another glass of wine. She curled her legs up under her as she sat on the couch next to him.

They were enjoying the silence, and their drinks. Bella soon leaned over to rest her head on his shoulder, slipping her arm through his.

It was late now. The two danced with each other for a long time, neither wanting to be the one to break it a part. But soon enough Bella complained about being dizzy, so She offered to get Tommy a drink.

He stared into the fire, it was warm. Warm enough to mostly dry his clothes. He didn't want to leave. He wanted to stay the night with Bella. But he knew he'd be questioned if he showed up late to his own wedding. So he decided he'd finish his drink before he left.

He started drinking a little slower.

Feeling her eyes on him, Tommy turned to his head to the right to find that he was correct.

Her bright grey eyes were looking at him, a smirk on her face.

"What's going on up there?" He asked as he brought his hand up that was holding his drink, carefully not to spill it and poked her on the forehead.

She giggled and shook her head away from his hand, looking back at him
"I'm excited to hear Arthur's speech. Ada said it should be entertaining"

Tommy let out a laugh and shook his head, "yeah peach it should be interesting to say at the lease"

"Ohhh shush I'm sure he do just fine!" She smiled, still trying to give her friend the benefit of the doubt.

Tommy continued looking over at her "Then I'll put you in charge of making sure it goes smoothly"

Shaking her head "nope sorry no can do. Polly already booked me for the entire night. Besides Ada already tried to put me on Arthur duty"

"You and Polly together all night aye? Should be quite the mix"

"what can I say, the woman loves me" she teased

Tommy got a little more serious, "that she does Bell"

He couldn't help but think about how his aunt would much rather have this woman up at the alter with him tomorrow.

But that's just not how things are going to play out.

Letting out a little yawn, Bella looked over at the time. It was well past one in the morning. Turning to look tiredly back at Tommy, as he finished his drink.

"You should at least try to get some sleep before your big day tomorrow"

Tommy looked at her for a few moments before nodding in agreement, he watched as Bella untangled herself from his body and leaned forward to grab his Peaky cap.

Picking it up, being careful of the razors, she turned and put it on his Head. Adjusting it fit perfectly. Giggling as she did so.

Tommy watched her in amusement. He loved seeing her get happy about little things like this.

She then stood up, pulling him up with her. They made their way to the door.

Once infront of it they stopped and Bella bent her neck to look up at him, "are you sure you'll be okay to drive home so late?" She asked concerned.

Tommy nodded "wouldn't be sleeping anyways"

Bella sighed, "you should try to, I know it's hard. But it's good for you"

Tommy didn't response to her comment, and placed his hand in the croak of her neck.

"I hope you have at least some fun tomorrow"