25.

Bella didn't leave the house for next two days.

She didn't have to work as all the Shelby's were busy trying to get everything ready for the wedding, so she had no responsibilities.

This is why Bella didn't want to face anyone. She didn't want to admit it but she was hiding in the house.

Everyone in the family keeps giving her this look. A look a pity.
There was no need for it. She encouraged Tommy and Graces wedding since she first met him.

Although since that day her feelings towards him have changed drastically. She knows he has feelings for her as well, but still they agreed nothing can come of it, for Charlie's sake.

No matter what her heart was telling her, she couldn't break up that little boys family.

But She couldn't take the looks anymore, and the horrible feeling she got in her stomach whenever the wedding got brought up, so she stayed in.

Sighing as she sat on the sofa in front of the fireplace. Although it was the end of summer, the rainy night made it a bit chilly, the perfect weather to match her mood.

The wedding was tomorrow, and she will attend but for now she will drink her sorrows away. she poured herself another glass of wine.

Ada and Polly promised to come pick her up in the morning, in order to take her to the arrow house church.

Polly said that she must stay by her side the entire time, claiming that they probably are the last two people who want to be there.

Bella doesn't hate Grace the way Polly does.

Polly hates her for what she's done to the family. While Bella had no hate, she barely knows the woman, If anything she envies her.

She comes from a well off family. Grew up in a small town in Ireland. Made a good living. Now she gets to live in that big house with her wonderful son...And she gets to have Tommy.

While Bella got none of that. She didn't have a good childhood. The life she was given in London was destroyed before she even had the chance to say goodbye. And after living back on the streets and struggling day to day, she meets this wonderful man, Who has helped her and cared for her like no one ever has. But she doesn't get to have him, leaving Bella feeling alone once again.

Just as she was about to finish her third cup of wine, the telephone started to ring.

Sighing Bella got up from her comfortable spot on sofa, and over to the phone.

Picking it up, she heard that the call was coming from Polly's house, a few moments after accepting it she heard her voice

"Ello, Doll"

Her voice was comforting, "ello Polly"

"I wanted to check in on you,...how are you doing?"

Bella obviously knew what she was talking about, but having never admitted it to anyone out loud, she didn't want to do so now

"I dont know what you mean Pol, course I'm okay" she tried to sound convincing

Hearing Polly sigh on the other end "oh don't play dumb with me Doll. You know what I'm asking about"

Bella was silent for a moment, and ran a hand through her hair, what's the point of lying to Polly?
"I'm uh I just can't believe it's really happening Pol, I always knew it was going to but now it feels real." she whispered into the phone, almost as if she it was wrong for her to say it out loud

"I know love. I know it's hard"

Feeling tears gather in her eyes, "I should've never gotten close-"