76.

It was well past dark by the time she got back to Watery Lane.

Bella hoped no one noticed her absence and by the silence of the house when she snuck in the back, it was easy to tell no one knew she was gone.

Letting out a sigh, exhausted from the days events. Longing for sleep, and for her thoughts to quiet down.

Making her way upstairs, finding Baby laying on the bed, wagging his tail at her, happy that she was finally home. "Hi Baby." She lazily smiled at her pup.

Changing into a night slip, and crawling into bed next to him. Resting her hand on her belly, gently rubbing it. Staring up at the ceiling, she tried to regret going to see Vinny. But she didn't.
She didn't because even though it caused her heart to hurt and for her to lose the only chance at ending this vendetta civilly, she believed they would find another way. Another way together.

She needs to talk to Tommy. He needs to stop pushing her away, otherwise they'll never make it through this.

Seeing Vinny made her realize how much she loves Tommy. How much she loves the life they created together. How much she loves his family and everything he's ever done for her.

Letting out a sigh, she rolled over on her side. That was when she saw a small piece of paper on the night stand. Furrowing her brows, she reached for it. A silent gasp left her lips when she read what was written on it.

We'll speak in the morning.
Sleep well.
-T

Tommy did know that she left. She didn't know if he knew exactly where she went and wondered why he didn't come after her. She wondered if he's mad and where he was right now.

Deciding not to dwell on the meaning behind the note, and chose to be thankful that he also wants to talk to her.
It was a start.

She tried not to worry herself too much, they will speak in the morning and sort everything out. For now she needed to rest, as she had another to think about as well.
Slowly feeling her eyes shut, sending her into a dreamless sleep.

*****

She woke up with a tickle in her nose.

Not wanting to wake up quite yet, she scrunched it trying to get it to go away. But the familiar scent made her open her eyes.

It was cigarette smoke.

Squinting as she ran a hand through her hair, looking around the room. Surprised when she saw Tommy standing in nothing but his boxers, smoking as he looked out the window. She wondered when he came in, she didn't hear him and he wasn't here the night before.

He faced away from her, and she stayed still watching him. He seemed calm, relaxed but at the same time, tense.

She thought she was ready for this conversation. But now that he was here and thinking about how he last spoke to her, she was nervous.

The sun was barely up, making the room give off a warm morning glow. Carefully she stood from the bed, ignoring the shiver she got from the cold air, she stopped a few feet behind him, playing with her fingers in front of her.

"Hi Tommy." She whispered

He didn't turn around again, just like yesterday. It was like he couldn't face her. So instead he reached to his right, putting the cigarette out in the ashtray on the dresser.

"Bella." He finally acknowledged her

She pinched her lips together in thought, "how did the meeting go?"