37.

The last few days at Polly's have been peaceful.

It gave her the chance to spend more time with her and even got to spend some of it with Michael.

Currently, she was sitting on the window seat in the living room, drinking a cup of tea.

She had her legs tucked under her, as she looked outside. The weather was chilly now and she took another sip to warm up.

Although she's enjoyed her stay, it felt like part of her was missing.

She missed Tommy.

That much she knew. But still believed what he said to her was unfair, and wasn't ready to face him yet. So she figured she could hide at Polly's for a few more nights.

Michael told her that they got custody of the pubs Tommy wanted, although they're mostly destroyed, the Peaky blinders owned them now.

Bella sighed thinking about it. Although maybe she was ready to forgive Tommy for what he said, knowing it was only said out of anger. She will stick to her word of not wanting anything to do with it.

Graces foundation dinner was tomorrow night. So she figured, she'd leave Tommy alone so he could put his concentration on that. Maybe this is what she deserved...she shouldn't feel this way about a married man.

Part of her wishes she didn't get so close, that way she could just leave without any hard feelings. But even she knew it was too late for that.

Her thoughts were thankfully interrupted by Ada entering the house. She came to stay a few days for the event.

Bella smiled at her friend and got up to greet her.

"Hello, Bella" she said giving her a hug

"Hello, Ada" she said returning it

Pulling away Ada held her at arms length, "heard my brother was a real bastard to you"

Bella rolled her eyes, "you been gossiping with Polly?"

Ada laughed and nodded "yes I have! Well either way, I'm glad you're here!"

"I am too, this time I can help you get ready!" Bella gushed

Ada looked confused "are you not coming?"

Giving her friend a sad look, she shook her head "no, I decided not to. With everything that happened recently with Tommy, I don't think it's a good idea. Beside I don't think Grace likes me too much"

Scoffing "well of course she doesn't like you! You stole her husbands heart! But that's too bad, now who will I spend the night with?"

"Oh you'll be fine!"

*****

Tommy sprinted through the front door of the arrow house.

Father Hughes threatened the well-being of Charlie, and since the words left his mouth Tommy couldn't see straight, he had to make sure he was okay.

Running up stairs out of breath, he went straight into his sons room.

Charlie was whining a little when Tommy came up to check him and his bed but other than that he was physically okay.

But what really left Tommy panting was the card he found under his son's small pillow.

Charlie Shelby
R.I.P.

He started pacing in front of the crib, it felt like he couldn't breath. Someone was in here without him knowing. Someone was near his son. That bastard of a priest got to him and he wasn't here to protect him.