40.

It was an oddly nice day out. A little chilly with the wind, but it was slowly starting to warm up.

Still Bella bundled Charlie up in his little winter coat and hat, as she did every morning. While she wore one of Tommy old jackets to keep herself warm.

She stood with Charlie in her arms on the cobble driveway. Watching as the man on the horse slowly got closer.

This has become a daily routine.

Everyday after Bella and Charlie had breakfast, they would go and wait for Tommy to return. Then go with him to help feed the horses.

As of more recently, he started staying a little longer in the mornings.

After the horses, he would spend some time in his office. Actually looking through the notes Ada has left for him. While Bella would play with Charlie on the floor in front of the couch in the room.

Today was different though. Today Tommy told Ada to collect the family and bring them to the house.

He hasn't quite told Bella what the plan was, but she trusted him and was excited to see him getting back to who he was.

When Monaghan Boy came trotting closer, Bella reached for Charlie's hand to wave it at his dad with a big smile on her face.

With a smirk on his lips, Tommy climbed down from the beast, once he was close enough.

Coming up to the two, he placed a hand on Bella's back pulling them closer. Placing a quick kiss to Charlie's forehead and then one to Bella's cheek.
"Morning" he mumbled Against it

She continued to smile up at him "morning"

He kept his eyes on her. It was a wonderful sight each morning to come back to the house and see the two people who bring him the most comfort waiting for him.

"No horses today, I'm afraid. It's time for business." He told her

Bella looked surprised, and Tommy noticed. So he continued

"I've been doing some thinking, peach. And I think it's time to put all legitimate business first."

Furrowing her eyebrows "why? Why now?"

He didn't answer right away. But she saw his eyes moving all over her face. It was almost as if the answer was obvious.

"What happened to Grace was my doin-"

"Tommy stop" she interrupted him. But he shook his head and raised his eyebrows at her. Telling her she needs to listen to what he's about to say.

"Whether it was or wasn't, it doesn't matter. What matters is that I can't let anything happen to you or Charlie...we have to finish the Russian business but once it's over, I'll concentrate on the cars and races and I'll keep us safe."

And if Bella thought her smile couldn't get any bigger, she was wrong.

Nodding "I like the sound of that Tom."

He turned her towards the house, with his arm still around her back. "I have things I need the family to take care of. While I do that I want you to pack for a small trip with Charlie. Then meet me outside with Johnny Dogs."

It was true after the Russian business, he didn't want to be only legitimate. But first he had to take care of the Italians and he didn't want Bella to know about it or be involved in anyway.

Bella adjusted Charlie on her hip "where are we going?"

"Wales."

This didn't help clear anything up for her
"What for?"