61.

Bella loved working again.

Her and Tommy instantly fell into the routine of waking up every morning and getting ready together.
Then they would have breakfast with Charlie before heading into the office.

She made sure that he didn't over work himself, like he had the tendency to do. Making sure that he came home with her when the day was over.

He'd never admit it but he loved having her there. Being able to step out of his office and see her when he got too stressed.
He had his peace with him.

He currently resides behind his desk. Going through documents as usual and signing the necessary ones.

A knock on the door caught his attention. Lifting his head to see Lizzie at the entrance.

"Do you have a minute?" She asked

Nodding his head. Lizzie's been a good friend to Bella, especially with Ada in America and Polly still not on the mend, she needed another woman in her life.

Fully coming in to sit on the chair in front of his desk. Not sure where to start this conversation.

Tommy cleared his throat, standing to go over to the bar table.
"Drink?" He offered her

Shaking her head "no thank you."

"What do you nee-"

"Why haven't asked Bella to marry you yet?" That wasn't the way she wanted that to come out. But small talk wouldn't work, Tommy isn't an open person. So no point in beating around the bush.

He froze about the take a drink. Clearing his throat, placing the glass on the counter
"Lizzie-"

Standing up, feeling frazzled as she paced around the room
"No. She's done so much for you and you for her. You love her and she loves you. She deserves to have some normality in her life."

"Lizz-" he tried to speak but was only cut off again

"Don't you want that too? A good mother for Charlie? And a good wife for you? You may not believe it but you deserve to be happy too."

Having enough of her interruptions, "Lizzie!" He spoke with authority to catch her attention. When the woman finally stopped lecturing him, she looked at him waiting for him to say something.

"I already have a ring."

*****

A few minutes earlier, Bella was happily doing her work at her desk.

Lizzie gave her a smile before going into Tommy's office. It wasn't unusual for her to go in there and discuss business with him, so Bella didn't think anything of it.

But what did surprise her was seeing Michael Grey walking through the office.

Instantly standing up, making her way over to him.
"Michael? What're you doing here?"

"Hello Bella" he said as she gave him a hug

Pulling away she looked up at him concerned "is everything okay? How's your mum doing?"

Hesitantly nodding "she uh she's not doing so well, Bell. Talks to things that aren't there. But that's not why I'm here."

Furrowing her brows, upset at hearing the news about Polly. She missed that woman.
"I'll try to speak to your mum again, not sure if she'll want to see me but I'll try."

"Thank you Bella, I really appreciate that."

Giving him a sad tight lipped smile, "now what brings you here today Michael?"