2 ⭑ What's the name, pretty thang?

"Rows of houses all bearing down on me.
All these things we'll one day swallow whole."
Street Spirit by Radiohead.
Note: H is an absolute assface be forewarned.

✰ ✰ ✰

"That neighbor girl sure loves to stare, huh?" Blowing smoke from my lips, I glanced at Mikey when he stopped walking past me with a box of my belongings, to look at the freakish looking girl across the street

Standing with her next door neighbor and her dog, the strange brunette eyed us like a test she was determined to pass.

And I didn't like it one bit.

The one thing I'd learned from living in this new neighborhood for the past two minutes, was that the people here were fucking nosy.

Every single person and their mother came out to "get mail," or "walk their dog," or "water their plants," the second we arrived. The neighborhood had such a-cheery disposition, hedges everywhere, colorful houses and lawns, and I picked what I thought would be the quiet, nice area of Chicago, just to avoid this particular brand of people.

It was gonna be an issue for sure if folks didn't keep their nose where it belonged.

"You don't think she'll be a snoopy one, do you?" Mikey raised an eyebrow.

"Doubt it, but let's hope not." I answered, taking another drag of my cigarette and relishing in the way that it burned and scorched my throat even in the slightest.

"Hey bitch boy, help us!" Nikolas exclaimed to me as he came out from the garage, his hands thrown out to his side and his floppy hair blowing in the cold wind.

"Now, why would I help when you have two perfectly capable hands, right there." I pointed at them with my cigarette and squinted slightly. "Most of this shit is yours anyway. I have the least boxes out of the three of us."

"It wouldn't kill you to lift a damned' finger, H." He scoffed, holding his hand out for a cigarette.

"Actually it would. I'm so weak, and fragile, and feminine, my brittle little bones might just snap in half." I held the fakest innocent pout to my lips for two seconds, then dropped it while I held out the cig pack to him.

"You're such an ass..." Niko momentarily snorted, "Oh-hey... new neighbors! She's kinda cute, eh? Hey!" He grinned through a mouthful of nicotine, waving at her with no shame, right as she looked away from us.

"Not at all." I muttered and looked away from the weird girl, "Although, you know what? Go ahead, she seems weird. You're into anything these days, aren't you? No doubt you'll be marking your territory all around this fuckin' place as soon as we get settled."

"Dude, I don't mark my territory, I'm not a fucking dog." He grumbled, rolling his eyes.

"Really? Cause half the time you act like a bitch in heat." I leaned back onto the front of the van, my elbows hitting the cool metal.