98 ⭑ Chicago Blues

"Guess I should have seen it coming, caught me by surprise..."
Addicted To You by Avicci.

✰ ✰ ✰

"Cher, we're home

"Cher, we're home. Wake up, honey."

"Hm?" Distantly hearing the car click off and feeling a hand on my thigh, I woke up to the sun in my eyes. My view was distorted for an entire ten seconds and it wasn't until I heard Oliver's snoring in the backseat that I remembered where we were.

Jet lag was a bitch.

"D'you need me to carry you inside?" Harlow whispered, unbuckling my seat belt for me.

There was something rather domestic about the notion but I declined with a small smile, breathing in deeply as I looked over at him, "I think I'll be okay. I'll get the bags. Can you get Oliver, please?"

"Should I wake him now or is Matthew not coming to get him until later?"

"Um," I yawned, my jaw tingling from the stretch I so desperately needed, "Not sure. I think he'll wanna get his things as soon as possible, he misses us. So, most likely today, then he'll drop him off tomorrow or the next? I haven't talked to Matt yet-"

"Wait, you lost me," Harlow blinked quickly, "Drop him off?"

I gasped, reaching out to grab his arm, "Crap, I forgot to talk to you, didn't I? Oh, fuck it, whatever, I'll explain inside, just--get him and put him in my room for now, okay? Let him sleep," I looked over my shoulder at his baby face and smiled.

"Okay." Harlow opened his door and got out, waking Oliver gently. He unbuckled his seat belt and my heart could've fell outta my chest watching him scoop him up into his arms.

He was so gentle with him.

I followed behind him once the feeling in my legs came back and I collected our bags.

The second we got inside, Morris went nuts, barking and whimpering while giving us plenty of kisses.

The dog sitter left a note and everything, telling us all was well.

He was a happy pup and he'd be even happier once Oliver came back.

"Morrie, Ollie doesn't want kisses right now and neither do I, you mangy mutt." Harlow ruffled his fur when he jumped up and gave him a gentle push down to the ground, making his way up the stairs to put him in bed.

Koi, Naomi, Kristen and everyone else arrived before us and seemed to be in bed too, either at our house or Niko's. So, once I'd put all of our bags in the family room, I played my voicemails while I fed Morris lunch and washed a few dishes.

It felt good to be back.

Granted, Harlow and I missed our newfound friends, we had a nice goodbye the morning after the party.