103 ⭑ We'll be alright.

"Watch you shaking..."
Sextape by Deftones.

✰ ✰ ✰

When we left Leo's, my father departed from us to fall back to Aurora, and Zayn, Harlow and I all went back to the Lake House

Naomi, Koi, Mikey, Niko, and Kris were outside on the back patio, smoking, drinking, and eating dinner when we got there. They lit a bonfire on the sand below the deck and even found some marshmallows and chocolate to use for S'mores.

They were trying to make peace out of the evening.

But, Harlow dragged me away to the beach.

And we took a minute for just us together, and slow danced by the shore to Sextape by Deftones, playing on Kristen's radio.

The ride back to there felt so... heavy.

It was hard to believe just how much we had ahead of us. It felt like we were in an apocalypse movie and it was the scene where the humans had their last night on earth. They did all of their favorite things, hung out with all of their favorite people, fucked, drank, and partied till' the sun rose.

Then, when it did, that was when the danger came and they had no choice but to bid their farewells.

Everyone was on edge.

The plan was to take Aurora in, and by order of Zayn, take Jess, out.

My dad confirmed that my sister's 'watching eyes', her claimed backup, was all a hoax, a scare tactic - but that Jess was a willing participant in her scheme.

Which meant, it was the two of them to deal with.

Even that was hard for me to wrap my head around.

Jess was a loser and a pretty shitty person. But, to think he was plotting with her for revenge against me? Against Harlow? To think he would aid in hurting me, or... killing me? It shocked me to my fucking core for many reasons, and didn't, for others.

Amara was the one who taught her to be, but Aurora was manipulative. She had this way about her, this perverted, sadistic attitude from months--possibly years of grooming and toxicity being forced inside her head. Amara's ideals and friends' alike, all inflicted so much psychological damage on her. They taught her how to be a monster, and she was just naive enough to follow along and take their words of 'wisdom' with faith.

She knew how to poke at the holes in peoples' confidence, and get them to listen to her, no  matter what the cost. I had no doubt that she was able to convince Jess that hurting us would solve his problems, or make him feel better, or that violence was the answer to his grudge against us.

Or maybe she didn't have to manipulate him at all.

Harlow wasn't shy about reminding me that sometimes, it didn't take much for people to want to hurt you.