40 ⭑ You know damn well, that's a lie.

"In my imagination I be all up on you..."
Touch My Body by Mariah Carey.

"Oh, no, no, no I never once wore cat ears! Don't you go spouting out that rubbish, you dickhead

"Oh, no, no, no I never once wore cat ears! Don't you go spouting out that rubbish, you dickhead."

"Yes you did. Cherry, he came home blasted drunk belting out The Beegees' songs, dressed as a cat. I swear to fuck, I'm not lying!" Niko cackled, snatching another beer from the table in front of us as me, Cherry, Mikey, Zayn, and him all sat in a booth in the corner of the bar, tipsy off of shots. The lighting was dimmed, the atmosphere was tame and the rest of the girls were spending their time off dancing across the floor to some god awful drunken man singing Michael Jacksons' beat it, on the karaoke stage.

"Oddly enough, I believe you. I could see him in cat ears." Cherry looked down at me, swinging her legs as they rested dangling off of my thighs. She was sat sideways in my lap in the booth, her arms wrapped lazily around my shoulders.

"Fuck off, I didn't. I wore a cowboy outfit, a firefighter suit, and lots of other things, but never, ever a cat costume. I have no recollection of this and you have no proof, so you're wrong." I denounced Niko's claim.

"Okay fine, then how about we talk about the ones I do have proof of? Like... the Poison Ivy costume from the Halloween party in 2008?--"

"No!" I grunted and lunged across the table to snatch his freshly retrieved phone and put it in my pocket, "Your phone privileges are revoked! No more talking about my time as a stripper. We're moving on."

"Bastard." Niko cursed, kissing his teeth.

"Awe, no fun." Cherry sighed deeply, "Well, in that case, I'm gonna go to the bathroom. I'll be right back, okay?" She began to slide off of my lap.

"Aht. Aht." I whistled at her sharply when she tried to walk away, so she stopped mid step, her short mini skirt twirling when she turned back 'round, "Bring a girl with you. No bathrooms alone. You know better."

"Nirvana... I'll be okay. I can go by myself." She walked back to me about two steps and leaned onto the booth table, "There'll be other women in there. I don't need to bother any of the girls, they're having fun."

Did she really think this was up for discussion? "Either you get one of the girls or I'm going with you. Which is it?--"

"Baby steps..." She sang under her breath, tugging on my necklace until my lips met with hers in a quick, gentle kiss, "I will be back in four minutes max, alright? If I'm not, then you can bust down the door like G.I Joe and get me, but I want you to try. I want you.. to trust me."

"Cher." I warned her, fighting against every bone in my body that wanted to yell at her, tell her no, tell her that I had my boundaries for my reasons and that she had to respect them. It made every muscle in my arms and legs go rigid, just thinking about her going to someplace as innocent as a bar bathroom.