72 ⭑ Moulin Rouge.

"He met Marmalade down in old Moulin Rouge, struttin' her stuff on the street. She said, "Hello, hey Joe, you wanna give it a go?..."
Lady Marmalade by Christina Aguilera, Lil' Kim, P!nk, Mya.

✰ ✰ ✰

"Toots, please, please, pretty please can I take my blindfold off now? If I don't, I-I'm gonna explode from the suspense! I could just pow! Pop! Zam! Burst! Wazham! Huzzah! Explode, I'm tellin' ya', I'm gonna die!"

My precious, precious Koi was a motherfuckin' chatter box.

And she was right, she was gonna die. Because I was going to strangle her with my bare hands for talking so much.

The last ten steps to the venue was starting to feel like ten miles, because she stopped every foot to try and guess the surprise or squeal and shake with overwhelmed waves of her hands.

"Is is the Backstreet Boys? Did you get me the Backstreet Boys?"

She was excited, I knew that, and I couldn't blame her. What I'd put together for her inside that venue took tears, sweat and literal blood. I cut myself on the sharp wood fixtures several times. My shyness and confidence may have gotten better over the past seven months, but my clumsiness was something I'd never fucking escape.

But, regardless, getting her to tone down the 'yays' and 'ooos' was like putting a jar of delicious, warm chocolate chip cookies in front of a sweet fiending sugar-gremlin of a toddler, and telling them not put their grubby little hands in the cookie jar.

She just had to.

"Oh, Cherry, I love you so much. I can't wait to see. Please, please, please, could I just have a hint?"

"Could I just have some silence, gabby gums? My goodness! Ten more steps and you'll know, alright? Just relax," I laughed, squeezing her hand in mine, "And please, try not to scream so loud when you see it." I hyped her up even more and smiled when she scrunched her nose up and let out a throaty, grunted squeal she was trying to keep inside.

I felt like I'd just dropped mentos into a soda bottle and closed the lid with extra strength glue.

She was shaking and waiting to, well, exactly as she said, explode.

Naomi and Kristen opened the door for us and we stepped inside the warm room, what seemed like a hundred faces silently looking back at us under the twinkling golden chandeliers. All of the guests were dressed the part and there was still a few stragglers showing up.

But, everyone who was inside, was dead silent.

My friends were all gathered in the center of the crowd and I soon left Koi to join them.

The band was still.

The burlesque dancers were waiting behind the curtain.

The party favors were clutched in everyone's hands.