77 ⭑ I Should've, Alice.*

"Promise I'll remind you that you are more than enough..."
More than Enough by Alina Baraz.

✰ ✰ ✰

Cher had grown into her anger issues like they were a second set of teeth

Cher had grown into her anger issues like they were a second set of teeth. And she was ready to bite me today.

I wasn't sure why, wasn't sure what to do about it, but I was pretty good at navigating the anger of others. I was The Grinch after all. Hatred was my forte and my foreplay.

I spent the better part of four years never smiling, a lipstick painted frown on my face like The Joker.

The only thing that ever cheered me up or shut me up for that matter, was getting fucked.

And fortunately for Cher, I was hard as a fucking rock watching her stomp all around the house.

My own emotions had been pretty all over the place between the Niko thing, the engagement, the funeral, my therapy sessions, and now this, but things were simmering back to normal for once.

Which meant I got to have some fun.

"Harlow, come here!"

When I heard Cherry call me from the kitchen, I rinsed off my shaving razor in the sink and smirked to myself. I could hear her clattering around with fury, caught right in my spider web like a good, obedient girl.

She took the bait.

I cleared my throat and left her in suspense, taking my time to rinse off the leftover shaving cream and dry my damp hair. I popped in my nose ring and left the bathroom, not bothering to put on a shirt.

"Harlow!" She called again, this time with more frustration.

"Hey." I rounded the corner to the kitchen, "Don't yell in my fucking house. You wanna do that, you can get the hell out."

Turning around from the sink, she raised her eyebrows in shock of my attitude, "Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't know this was just 'your' house all the sudden. N' besides, I wouldn't have to yell if you did what I asked nicely for you to do. You can't leave beer bottles and weed on the table, babe. Morris is in the house, he nearly ate a joint five minutes ago."

"That's not my goddamn problem. He's your dog, why aren't you watching him?"

"If I don't clean this whore house you call a home, you three boys would be living like hoarders. I'm trying to do you a favor," She snatched a paper towel to dry her hands that were soaked with water.

The front of my long sleeve, black velvet button up that was draped over her body was splattered with liquid too. The domestic sight of it was mouth watering. Especially with the top buttons of the shirt undone to expose the kissable space between her breasts.

But, I didn't let my eyes linger.

"A favor?" I laughed, walking toward the fridge to get a beer. I pulled one out and cracked the lid open with my teeth, spitting it onto the counter she'd just cleaned, "You're doing your job, freak. Get back to it."