23 ⭑ Cuddle whore?

"I drew a line. I drew a line for you. What a thing to do. And it was all yellow."
Yellow by Coldplay.

✰ ✰ ✰

"Shut up! He never showed up!?"

"I didn't spend all of my time last night crying in your voicemails for fun, Koi. No, he didn't show up." Slipping on a shirt for work, I sniffled up the leftover tears plaguing my eyes and sighed to myself, "I'm getting ready to go to groovy-road now too. I have to work and I know he's gonna be there which is even worse."

"Tell him off, what the hell!? He can't just do that?! Ugh, men are so stupid!"

"I'm not that kind of person Koi, you know that. N'... It's obvious that he just wasn't interested and that's that. I'm sorry I wasted your time though, I'll pay you back every penny for the clothes you bought me." I said, standing up from the bed and grabbing my work bag.

The morning after the sleepover, Mia, Naomi, Koi, Kristen and I all went to the super-mall.

I only had a little bit of money, but Koi splurged and bought me a bunch nice clothes and makeup. I had the wardrobe I'd always dreamed of because of her. I had skirts, dresses, pants other than khaki's, one pair of cute heels and boots. I had juicy couture crop tops, fishnets, and a purse for God-sakes.

It was all nice stuff to prep me with confidence before my date, but I hated that the day was ruined all because of Jess.

So, all I could do was pray to the gods (which I hated doing) that he didn't show up at work.

I mean, he ditched me, I didn't wanna hear an excuse. We had it all planned out, and unless he was dying or something, I didn't think I'd be seeing him again.

I was heartbroken about it.

"Did he at least text you and tell you he wasn't coming?"

"Nope. I just sat there by the phone waiting like an idiot..." I checked my outfit in the mirror of low-waisted blue wash jeans and a baby blue crop-top with a care bear on it.

Something simple, but slutty enough in my moms' eyes to disappoint her.

That was my new favorite thing to do.

I freaked her out when I came home with all those slutty clothes and when she saw that I'd ditched five inches of my hair, she threw an even bigger bitch fit. She was sentimental about it apparently.

But I didn't care and as it turned out Koi was in fact, a wizard with some scissors. She'd cut my hair to my jaw, sharp and blunt to quote, 'match my new wittiness and spunk.'

My mom referred to it as 'sinful behavior and disappointing attitude,' but eh-tomato, tomato.

There was nothing she could do about it. She wasn't gonna kick me out, she wouldn't even leave the house. She was too embarrassed because all of her work friends had found out that her husband was an abuser. They were all commenting on some new article on Facebook about it, saying they felt bad for her and if there was one thing my mom hated, it was pity.