32 ⭑ Cherry Waves.*

"The waves suck you in then you drown. If like, you'd just stay down with me. I'll swim down with you. Is that what you want? You..."
Cherry Waves BY Deftones.

✰ ✰ ✰

"Who's ready for a New York road trip?"

When Koi got to talking, the girl could blab on for hours on end. New York this, Brooklyn that, road trip this, strip club that, but—nothing, not a thing in the universe this morning was more important to me than indulging in my favorite new found obsession.

Harlow's hot ass hands.

His soft, veiny, tatted up, ring clad, callused hands that ever since last night, I couldn't stop thinking about; they were so fuckin' perfect. I fell asleep picturing the way he touched me several times the night prior; the way he held onto my thigh, the way he brushed his knuckles down my face, the way he grabbed my waist just as our lips were about to make contact, I thought about it all.

And I was torn between launching myself across the table to sit on his lap, or just sitting there and staring at him, and because of the friends around us and the drama our closeness would ensue, I decided on the latter.

Which may not have been the best choice.

"Cherry?"

I heard Koi calling my name but I was too busy staring at the table where Harlow's fingers rested, tugging on one another in a fidgeting motion. His nails were so perfectly panted, red & black, with a little sparkly gem glued to each pinkie. And too, he had such cool rings. One plain silver band, a branch that wrapped around his middle finger, and my favorite, a skull with a red diamond on the eye.

Everything about them was just so—so perfect.

I wanted to hold them, to touch them, to let them touch me, I...

"Cherry."

"Huh? W-What?" I was peeled away from my trance and I quickly looked at Koi, pretending as if I'd been listening the entire time, "Yes, um, yes of course."

"You're coming with us, right?" Koi raised her eyebrows very slowly, everyone looking at me strangely.

"Um..." I gulped, glancing back at Harlow only once to see him staring at my lips lostly, "To—to New York? Is that what you're asking me about?"

"Yeah?"

"Oh, um, well that depends on how long you're going for. I could come if it was just a few days, but I'm seeing my brother soon—just next week and I've gotta plan my moms' funeral, so..." I trailed off, looking down at my lowering cup of coffee to stir it mindlessly.

"Oh, we won't take more than four days! You'll be back just in time!" Koi said enthusiastically, "You just have to get Naomi's stuff all packed and spend some time with me at the strip club as my going away gift! I don't know when I'll see you guys next so, you've gotta come."