57 ⭑ There were no wishing stars around.

"Wide-eyed, both in silence, wide-eyed, like we're in a crime scene..."
♫ Candles by Daughter.

"♫ Candles by Daughter

Cher was bloody.

The thighs I kissed were cut. The clothes I bought her were ripped to shreds. Her beautiful warm skin that I held onto was bruised and red. Her wrists were bound with zip-ties and her nails were chipped and broken, coated in deep red blood. Her cheeks were stained with black mascara and empty trails of tears down to her bottom lip.

Everything under the sun that could've been wrong, was wrong. She wasn't my perfect, pretty woman. She was a shell of herself. Battered. Bruised. Twisted and torn.

"Move, move!" Rushing into the emergency room of the hospital with Cherry in my arms, I shouted at people crowding the hallways, trying to pave my way to a doctor who could help us. My blood was pumping fast and wouldn't stop. I could feel it coursing through my veins, bubbling with so much rage, anxiety, and fear.

From the hotel to the flower festival, from the flower festival to the highway, from the highway to the hospital. It never stopped.

It started the second I saw those photos of her.

A never ending train of vomit poured up my throat that I had to swallow down continuously.

Hearing the hysterical cries of the woman I loved was the most painful thing in the world.

"It's okay, Cher, I'm right here. I promise you, I'm not going anywhere. It's okay... s'okay..." My throat wavered and cracked as I smoothed Cherry's hair away from her face after I sat her down onto a bed in an emergency room suite, "Please, please-- it's okay..."

"Sir, you need to leave the room and go back to the waiting area, I'm so sorry, but you can't be in here," There were nurses shifting around the chaotic room and one brunette stepped by my side, grabbing my arm with a gentle touch.

"No, no, you don't understand," I stumbled away from the bed with my arm still outstretched for her while the woman pried me away, "I'm her boyfriend, okay? She's all I have, s-so I have to stay with her. Please, I need to stay," My nostrils flared and the corners of my lips tilted down into a deep frown as my eyes burned with the threat of tears, "She's scared. Do--do you understand that? She's been through hell, I have to be here and hold her hand, I just wanna hold her hand--"

"You can't, I'm sorry... you need to go wait with your friends in the other room. We will come talk to you in just a little bit," She gave my arm another gentle nudge, "I will take care of her. She won't be alone."

"No," I shook my head, "No--"

"Come with me," She pushed me from the room and the other nurses closed the curtains around Cherry so that I couldn't see her face anymore. I could only hear her crying.

I stumbled back into the hallway and leaned back against the wall, covering my eyes with my palm to will the tears away.

"What's happening?" I heard Niko's voice to my left.