70 ⭑ Baby Spice Goes to Therapy.

"You don't ever have to be stronger than you really are when you're lyin' in my arms, baby..."
California by Lana Del Rey.

✰ ✰ ✰

One Week Later

One Week Later...

"So, Harlow, why don't you tell me how you're feeling?"

My therapists office looked like something out of That 70's Show, and it grossed me the fuck out. Between the floral orange wallpaper, the vibrant furniture, shag carpet and the signs on the walls that said things like 'choose kindness' and 'love yourself to death' with rainbows across the font--I felt like I was in hell.

I wanted to choke myself to death.

But, I also had to do this.

For myself and for Cherry.

I made a promise to go to therapy when we got together, and it was one that I intended to keep and... I couldn't back away, I couldn't jump out of the window and go splat on the concrete, no matter how much I wanted to.

"Can you ask me an easier question?" Twiddling my thumbs, I avoided Cheyenne's eye contact and stared at the plush yellow rug on her office floor, tracing the shape of the lemon and counting the seeds patterned into it.

It wasn't like I was all that awful. I'd just had an orgy and was still riding out the high.

But I knew she was asking mentally and that, that was always a roll of the dice.

"That's a hard question for you?" Cheyenne asked kindly. I didn't feel an ounce of pressure coming from her cheery, pumpkin scented energy, yet I couldn't stand to hear her ask me such ridiculous questions.

"It's a hard question for a lot of people." I got defensive against my own better judgment, "I feel more than one thing at a time."

"You can pick five emotions, or...ten. I don't mind. I'm just here to help you and I can't do that unless you talk to me and tell me why you're here. Your file says you have C-PTSD and are on medication for that and anxiety. Could the reason you're here have anything to do with that?"

Flashes of Bella hit me and I closed my eyes, trying my hardest to block them out. But, even I didn't get the courtesy of being in control of my own brain.

I snapped my eyes open and focused on the cactus plant on the table next to me, "Can we talk about something else besides my shit pile of a brain?"

"Okay..." I heard her take a deep breath, "How about we talk about some things that you like to do. Tell me a bit about yourself. What things or thing makes you the happiest in the world?"

"Cherry. My girlfriend." I shrugged.

"You have a girlfriend? How lovely. How long have you two been together? What's your relationship like with her?"