14.

After finding out about the Peaky Blinders business everything seemed to make more sense.

The mens sense of fashion, it was a symbol. The hats with razors included.

Tommy was more open with her now too And She was more open with him. He knew about what happened to her in the village and now he knew what happened in London.

Although they never fully spoke about Vincent himself, he knew about all the other parts of London. Except about how it all ended with the Changretta's, which she wants to warn him about soon too. She just didn't know if she was strong enough to talk about it.

Still She felt as if they had no more secrets. It was nice.

He told her about about how he started building this empire after coming home from the war, and it built fast.

She learned about the business with Billy Kimber and how he met Grace.

She also learned about detective Campbell, she was glad he was dead. And she now held a strong dislike for Grace.

Lastly over the last couple weeks, she learned about the Peaky business with Sabini, and what happened at the Epsom races.

She knew Sabini, not well, But the Rossi family was associated with him. When she found out what he did to Tommy, how he also killed him, she felt guilty about it.

Tommy told her it had nothing to do with her. That at the time they didn't exist to each other, and she had nothing to do with it anyways.

Bella was surprised with how open Tommy's been since that day. Not only do they talk throughout the work day, sometimes he even joins her in the living room for a glass of whiskey before he heads home.

But it was official, Bella Ray was now fully involved with the Peaky Blinders.

*****

It was mid April and the weather was finally nice enough to want to be outside.

Bella was wearing a light green sun dress, that ended right below her knees.

With a basket in hand she walked through the city market.

It was nice to actually have money to pay for the things she wanted, not having to steal them.

So she took her time looking at everything she wanted, only picking out the best offered.

As she walked she also noticed how people stepped out of her path. And how others watched her from a distance, thinking they were being discreet.

She assumed that everyone in the city now knew that she was associated with the Shelby's and the blinders.

She almost felt prideful about it, not towards her having power. But she just couldn't believe that it was Tommy who made people have this much respect for the business he built.  

Walking up to a fruit stand, it was her last stop, she looked at all the apples, pears and peaches.

She decided to get a couple of each, and a couple extra peaches, they were still her favorite.

As she tried to take out some coins, the man behind the stand shook his head, "don't worry about it miss. It's on the house."

Bella was confused "why would it be on the house?"

He rested his hands on the stand and told her
"Everything's on the house for a Blinder"

Although impressed, she shook her head no
"That's very kind sir, but please take the money. I insist." She gave him a small smile.