5. Annoying

Originally posted: March 24, 2022. Edited: February 17, 2023.

Wow. Parker was just as annoying as ever. You would have really thought our beloved MC was on death's door with the amount of fuss he was causing. Well Bai Qingqing looks embarrassed. I can't blame her. I would be too.

Shame no one here cares if I lay on this floor and shrivel up. Maybe I could merge into the floorboards. God, just answering Harvey's questions was hard enough. So much for being strong.

Damn. I was kind of a prick to him. I pretty much just ignored his questions of concern. He was trying to do his job, but I just had to make it difficult. Poor Harvey. Must suck to be saddled with a patient like me.

I should watch what's happening even if I feel shitty. It's not everyday I can watch the plot from a story unfold in front of me. Feels surreal. How something can feel so unreal and realistic at the same time is jarring to say the least.

Watching Harvey stare at the MC's foot like he was going to drop down on his knees and worship it was far creepier in person. Please stop that, Harvey. Don't ruin my good impression of you.

The man-child Parker got his tits in a twist when Harvey treated 'his female.' That is literally Harvey's job. I really can't envy the MC. Sure, Parker was handsome... But sparkly shit is still shit. I don't want to step in that.

Everything played out exactly like the story until it didn't. Once the MC picked out her spices, she noticed my existence. I eyed her and she looked at me, startled. Like a dog caught raiding the trash can, she looked at me all guilty like.

"Do I have something on my face?" I knew there was a good reason that I had no friends. Why is it that I have no filter or no speech? Can't I have some middle ground?

"No. Umm. Are you okay?" The wonderfully kind MC looked like she rather be someplace else as she questioned me.

"Peachy. You?" Sarcasm is my middle name and I feel no guilt. I don't know what answer she was expecting. Her boyfriend manhandled me after getting my ass whooped from our mutual run and I'm currently lying on the floor in a doctor's hut. It shouldn't take much brain power to figure out what kind of condition I'm in.

"Umm. I'm okay." Awkward silence filled the air after Bai Qingqing responded.

Does she expect me to say something else? Do I have to?

"I'm Bai Qingqing." Silence followed again.

Oh. She wants an introduction. I can handle that. Talking to the same gender is slightly easier.

"Hey, female! Qingqing just introduced herself, don't be rude."

Yo, Parker bitch. Can't you shut your mouth for two damn seconds? "I was just about to. You interrupted me. Who's the rude one? The conversation was between me and her, so do me a favor and shut up."

I patted myself on the back. Who knew I had the guts? Sure my mouth was bound to get me in trouble, but I just stood up to a arrogant dickface with no manners. My manners may not have been much better, but hey, I spoke words.

Though I really wish I could stand and glare at him. It's so freaking hard to be intimidating while glued to the ground. Watching the immature brat seethe was satisfying enough to soothe me. He could threaten me, but he won't hurt me. Not unless he wanted to be branded a criminal. Haha, bitch. I win.

The MC looked scared and Harvey looked nervous. I guess he wouldn't be too thrilled with someone who rode into his house and acted like they owned the place. A shame I wasn't strong. I would have thrown the bratty leopard out on his ass if I could. The thought filled me with joy. Too bad that was more of a dream than the one I'm currently in.

"My name is Drew." I faced Bai Qingqing as I answered. I should probably start calling her by her name. I don't want to get any weird looks or glares from a certain leopard by calling her something else.

"Oh. It's nice to meet you." Bai Qinqing shifted nervously.

"Likewise." I could have responded in a more friendly manner had the painkillers kicked in already. Too bad they haven't. I blame my pain for snapping at Parker too. In case he tries to come at me for it later. That and these two are keeping me from finding a toilet.

Hmm. Bai Qingqing looks disappointed somehow. Well, it's not my problem. If she's got something to say, she should say it. I don't have the patience to beat around the bush or guess at what she is thinking.

Eventually the two left at Parker's insistence. That boy's jealousy is fierce. Once again, I'm glad I am not in her shoes. Curtis hasn't even shown up yet and my sympathy has maxed out.

Unfortunately my pain levels are close to max as well. Shit. Please painkillers, start killing the pain.

I could have offered some to Bai, but I wasn't that nice. Her foot would heal fast and I'm a selfish bitch. I can't claim to be one if I start acting all nice and giving could I?

After the headache inducing pair left, I was all set to sink into despair and self-loathing when Harvey interrupted me. Rude much. Can't he see how desperately I am trying to keep what's left of my sanity? Guess not.

I tried my damnedest to ward off the passionate doctor and failed miserably. He's actually a decent guy trying his best to do his job. It was nearly impossible to put up a good resistance to his advances.

So here I am face down, half nude, and crying silent tears of indignation as I get a massage for the second time from a very attractive man. At least I got to pee in the sand pit earlier. An enlightening experience that was.

It's too bad that I can't think of anything to distract myself.

It's not embarrassing. It's not embarrassing. This is normal. Everything is fine. I am A-OK. Cool as a cucumber. Warm as ginger. Jiggling like jello. Smelling like a bus driver.

Please let this humiliation end soon.