75. Good Sir

2/2 updates for today, July 11th.  

 Harvey and Alec went to hunt again. I squeezed the tits and got almost nothing out. I guess I miss some squeezing times here and there. Looks like I'm done. So much for that idea. I'll try harder next time.

We took the kids to Shuu and they ran around in the fields hunting birds. Parker and Muir came back and the hawk paid me exactly five crystals.

"You paying interest too?" I'm happy to take it.

"You used your crystals to save me, but the fifth is what I owe you for the doctor's treatment." Hmm, I'll take it.

"You're welcome." His expression shifted from 'stick up ass' to confusion and back to 'stick up ass.'

"I can not pay you back now for my life." I accept crystals just fine. I won't charge interest this time. "I have chosen the female I will protect for life, but if you need help in the future, I will return the favor." So, an IOU. Works for me. I got more out of it than I started with. Having a male, who will get his fourth and fifth stripe, owe me is good.

Wait. Will he get his stripes now? How close is he to winning over Qingqing? We aren't close enough for me to ask.

"Okay. I have some advice if you want it." I'm so nice. I don't like Muir, but I don't like Curtis either.

"You... Do you process power like the ape king? Before also. You knew Qingqing would be in trouble." Ooo, you are half right. Time to act.

"If you want to think that, go ahead. But I hate destroying expectations." Not really. I've made that an art form by now. "Do you want the advice or not?" He nodded.

"I'm sure Curtis is going to give you hell. Qingqing hasn't accepted you, right?" He nodded his head. "So, as tempting as it will be to try and get Curtis out of the picture, it will backfire beautifully." His look got scary. "Don't look at me like that. I'm trying to help."

"Why?" Good question. What bullshit can I spew to the homicidal dude that he will buy?

"For Qingqing. She needs more protection." That's not a lie. "But she takes a long time to warm up to other males and she loves Curtis." Gag. "She's also scared of what he'll do to other males who approach her." That sounded good. I really have gotten a lot better at speaking.

Muir's eyes started sparkling and I think I failed somewhere.

"What I'm saying is, if something were to happen to Curtis, she would never forgive the one responsible." I emphasized 'never' nice and strongly. I remembered that scene good enough. The result was so fucking obvious, that I couldn't find any actual tension in it. Muir would have had to off Parker too, to pull it off and he would have failed later anyway since Curtis lives.

He didn't comment anymore. This shit was already planning murder wasn't he? Maybe I should've told Curtis about this guy first. At least Curtis wore his homicidal tendencies openly. This guy hides it, making him worse in a way.

"I understand. Thank you for the advice."

"Sure. If you feel that way, don't fu-mess up. She's got to be getting used to you now, even if it's slow." The fact that she let him that close and Parker didn't have a fit, shows there is potential.

"Yes." He actually cracked a small smile.

"Good luck, you're gonna need it." He nodded and left. Hmm, I think it's it bad time to regret that, but here it is; regret. Why was I sticking my nose into that clearly shitty business? Yeah, I'm not going to do that anymore. I did my civic duty. They are supposed to end up together anyway.