42. Bonfire

First update for today, May 8.  Happy Mother's day to all the the Moms out there.  Enjoy your day.

We made it to the bonfire as the ape king was giving his speech. I found Qingqing and picked a fire close to hers. I waved and she waved back. I pointed to the new ball in my hands and squeezed it. She covered her mouth to keep from laughing. I'm so glad I'm not the only immature one here.

I regretted it when I noticed way too many eyes on me. Before I could freak out about that, Shuu pulled me into his lap and I panicked for a second. This guy! Is he still freaking out? That's my job.

I managed to hold on for a couple of seconds. I noticed that Alec and Rowan did not sit down. If I was an oblivious and stupid shit, I'd invite them to sit down. Since I do know better, I don't want to fuck up. My choices are to be: A. A rude bitch. B. A dirty hoe. Can I please get an option C?

I sent an SOS to Harvey since Shuu is not reliable. He gave me a look of pity, I think. This jerk won't help me. Damn culture. Coming here was a bad idea, I hate being responsible.

"Drew, was it?" I've never felt grateful towards baldy before right now. "Please enjoy what the bonfire has to offer. How is your health?" Umm.

"Good."

"Would you like me to check your on your cub's health before I go?" Not really.

"You said they were strong last time right?" They were like just conceived then, but Harvey's been checking since.

"Yes. I only wish to put your mind at peace." Load of shit. "With your fertility, you will bear many strong cubs." Tell the fucking world why don't you.

"We are good. Thanks for stopping by." He blinked and smiled. Oh, he can smile normally instead of like a creep. Because I thanked him? I wasn't even being sincere.

"Then enjoy the rest of your night." He sent a look to Shuu who was still trapping me before leaving.

"Shuu, I'm hungry. I can't eat like this." I snapped him out of it. He glanced at Harvey and the tiger who both nodded then he ran off.

The two hawks still stood. Neither one looked impatient, but I still felt guilty. Drew, don't be a stupid shit.

"Hey Harvey." I tried to whisper. I knew it was pointless because of the super hearing, but I couldn't help it. "Is there any way they can sit here and it not mean something significant?" I spoke smart. Good job me.

"If you want to. I'm sure everyone here can understand reason." I'm not so certain about the current Shuu, but I'll trust him.

"Winston, are you okay with that?" He clearly wasn't expecting to be asked.

"Whatever you want to do." Sigh. Another guy who won't tell me what he wants. Fine, I'm working on it anyway.

"You two heard him. It won't mean anything. You can sit or go." The bitch is back. This is hard for me. I hate making choices and taking responsibility. Adulting is shit.

I bet their feathers ruffled, but they sat. They gave us space thankfully. I sat between Winston and Harvey. Harvey's tail curled around me and it took every fiber of my control not to grab the tail. Shuu came back and growled at the hawks. I face palmed. I should've expected that.

He looked upset at his loss of spot. This was getting a little crazy. I want to humor him. I do. I have no clue how hard it is for him to control his instincts and want to give him the benefit of the doubt. But shit, I don't want him to control everything either. It's suffocating.