95. Ciao

1/1 updates for today, September 17, 2022.

 Rowan held off on the departure and took the opportunity to run some of the extra goods out for burial. I took the opportunity to fly out to Eve. I told her a more polished version of what I told Ashley. She wasn't quick to believe me either, but listened intently anyway. I think she took the warning to heart.

Once I was done there, Alec flew me around the volcanoes. Neither one were smoking or gurgling. They were quiet. Hard to believe they were going to blow up, but I guess a bad enough earthquake could wake them up.

My next destinations were debatable. I had two people I could visit, Qingqing and the leopard king. I decided to go with the leopard king next. I expected to receive questionable stares, but the king only gave me a blank look. He sent me on my way calmly and I couldn't tell if he believed me or not. If I was him, I wouldn't be fast to trust me either. Either way, I did my duty. I can't feel guilty later.

In the end, I went to Qingqing too. I told myself I just wanted an excuse to fly more cause, well, I did. When I got there, I was warmly greeted by Mr. Murder himself. He actually wasn't hostile. If anything he was now treating me like air instead of someone who was stealing away his Snow's precious attention. I like improvements, even if they are small.

I changed what I told her and focused on the ape king. Told her she could be in danger. Curtis took it as well as I thought he would. He hissed and glared at the horizon. I imagine that's the direction of the ape castle. I mentioned that there are volcanoes up at the valley, but didn't specify that they were dormant. Let her think they are active. She won't question me right away.

I wasn't stoked about helping her, especially when she could grill me about my future knowledge. But she had three newborn babies who are going to suffer and I can't have that weighing me down when I fly away into the sunset. Or sunrise? We are getting up early tomorrow and I'm not looking forward to that.

Time to get back on track. Any time Qingqing asked questions, I blatantly evaded. "Why do you seem like you know something, but aren't telling?" She asked at the end.

Maybe cause I do. "Substitute," I said as I dropped a carved, wooden frog where I stood and left the house quickly. "Bye. Wish you guys luck." And then I was out of there. I glanced at Qingqing who looked confused and irritated.

My exit was pretty extra, but I had to do one last stupid thing for her to remember me by. If I had my way, this was the last time I'd see her. I wanted her to have the memory of me strong in case she ever starts to think she misses me.

Once we were home, we packed. Winston was absent again. He was having a tough time. It does sound weird for a king to be like, 'Ciao guys. Your king is out.' Maybe he can do that in the beast world, but I'm sure it isn't that easy.

We chilled that night. Well, we tried. My nerves were cranked up high and my boys were buzzing with energy. Glad they like this whole moving thing. Happy was the only one acting exactly the same. His consistency is comforting.

The plan was for me and the flyers to head out first. Shuu would try to match pace while Harvey and the boys will fall slightly behind. Rowan will monitor the skies and the family to make sure no threats get near us and no one ends up straying away from the pack.

If a large gap forms between our groups, Alec will land and Rowan will hover to show the fam our location. They'd be fine with the built in tracker that Harvey has, but I wanted extra to make me feel better. Winston will be the last to leave the city to make sure there were no following beasts and everything was in order.