89. Extreme

1/1 updates for today, August 16, 2022.  

Alec learned that his job was far from over. Sure, he could leave his nest for longer periods of time, but he still had to feed his young often. He was growing restless and urged his sons to grow quickly with his mind. He wanted to go do stuff.

I messed with Alec since he was totally hating parent life. To my own credit, I tried to help out. I couldn't vomit food for the boys, but I could entertain them. It was funny since they totally didn't like me. If I start feeling some motherly love, I'm sure that'll sting like a bitch. For now, I can't say I care that much.

Since my feathered boys preferred their daddy over me, I started teaching my big boys again. They got better at adding. They now understand that two preys, plus two more preys, equals four total preys in their bellies. Good for them. They have their priorities straight. I decided to tell all the boys stories. Alec loved those too, so it worked out well for us.

Earth stories would either confuse or agitate Winston and Shuu. Harvey and Rowan listened, but rarely interrupted. Alec always beat everyone to that.

I felt a bit bummed. I can't say that I wanted to go back since I didn't want to... But I did miss some things. Conveniences and maybe the parents a little. Paul was a chill and a pretty good step-dad, all things considered. He didn't have any expectations for me so it was easy to talk to him.

Mom always nagged. I can't say I miss that, but I guess I miss her a little. The siblings, yeah... Wasn't close to any of them. The youngest one was okay, but she preferred to ignore all of us and live in her fantasy world. I agreed with her approach on life and we never bothered each other. The rest thought I was the failure that I was, so we didn't interact much.

I do feel bad for Psycho, but I'm sure they must've checked my apartment and taken care of him by now. He did have a drop feeder and water bowl with over a week's worth of food. I'm sure I left the toilet seat up too. It was gross, but it was still water he could drink. The nasty little shit would do that anyway, even when he had plenty of clean water available.

"Drew," Harvey called to her softly. He could tell that Drew was feeling down. Given the subject of the conversation, he could guess that she was missing home.

"Yeah. I'm good. Just missing some things. Like toilet paper. We got to work on that," I said with forced enthusiasm.

"Would you go back," Alec threw a fast ball at my face. "I mean, if you could?"

"Hell no." I didn't hesitate there. As much as I want to tell mom that I was good and to focus on her other kids, I wouldn't go back if I had a choice.

"Oh! Great!" I'm so glad you are thrilled bird brain.

If I could go back, it would either be without any of them because I was comatose or with them potentially along for the ride. As fun as it would be to have them in the modern world, it would definitely be a major pain in the ass. That is, if they could all come.

I can't see Harvey making it to five stripes and the kids wouldn't be able to tag along. That's bullshit, so I'd rather just stay. 'Yo universe, if you can just give me one thing, please don't throw my ass back there. You owe me for what you put me through.'

I don't think I was very convincing, but it was true. Bitch flipped my life upside down, the least she could do is let me keep this going. Maybe I should pray to some gods or something. I can threaten to fill their prayer books with all kinds of shit on a daily basis if they send me back.