33. My Own Worst Enemy

This is the third update for today, April 26th.  This chapter has a sex scene and will be marked by *** at the beginning and end.  I won't put a warning at the top of the chapter every time, unless someone requests me to do so.  Enjoy.

Apparently, I passed out for a few seconds. I reached up to find the familiar fur, and hit something else. It was soft like down, but braided. What the hell is that?

I opened my eyes and found myself manhandling Rowan's braids. Shit! That's right. Ape king, preggers, sexy cab. Oh and panic, can't forget that bitch.

I would have yeeted my ass across the forest if his grip wasn't firm. How do I explain me feeling up his locks?

"Drew?!" Oh, bless you Shuu.

"Shuu!" I ripped my hand away from the surprising soft hair and focused on my wolf-boy. "Is Harvey here?" And Shuu looked upset. Oh man. It's not like I'm not happy to see you.

Growl. Oh boy. Guard dog Shuu is awake. He can smell my vomit can't he?

"It's okay, Shuu. They brought me back." Was the other set of red feathers here too, I can't see? Apparently I wasn't convincing. If looks could kill. Alec to the rescue, or not.

"You're female is sick wolf, how could you let her out by herself like this?" I can go where I damn please, thank you.

Shuu's demeanor paled. He glanced at me. I tapped the heavily tanned skin, I want to get down now.

"I'm home and not crippled. Thank you for the ride." Was that polite? I tried, so I hope so.

"My pleasure." Fucker has the audacity to smile. "Is he the doctor?" Back in serious mode.

"No. Harvey is." I turned to Shuu and asked again with desperation. "Harvey?"

"Harvey left, said he'd be quick, and to give you space. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have listened. I didn't know you were sick. I failed you." Shuu, you can stop acting like a knight. You're not helping me.

"I'm not sick." All three sets of eyes looked at me like I was full of shit. I technically was since I haven't used the sandbox yet. "I'm not. I'm..." Pregnant. How can I say that to everyone except the father. I guess the birds already know.

"I have something to tell both you and Harvey." All this seriousness is killing me. Can't someone throw in a bad joke or a corny pun?

Shuu sized up the two beasts who came back with me. He looked upset.

"Are you taking them as mates?" Fucking hell, Shuu. Is that all that's on your brain? You should have more grey matter than me. You can do better than that.

"And if she was?" I see. Next time I'll use a metal bat to knock his head in. The stick didn't leave a strong enough impression. And what the hell? Alec never acted like he was interested. Does he just like to fight?

Shuu snarled, shifted, and went after him. Soon a hawk and wolf were full on brawling.

"For fucks sake! Knock it off!" I was completely ignored by the two. I was seriously upset. I kicked in my own door and sat on the floor with my ears covered. Rowan was trying to ask me something, but I couldn't hear. He turned around and left.

A few moments later, he came back and threw a battered Shuu in, but stayed outside of the house. Manners? At least someone has some. I noticed the hawk he was dragging by the ankle, but pretended I saw nothing.