56. Bird Brain

Alec woke up sometime the next day and Parker was too much of a pussy to leave Qingqing with so many unmated males. He probably didn't want to fuck with the tiger king either. One less thing to worry about today.

"I'm fine." Yeah Alec. I believe you.

"Lay back down." Do it. Don't test me.

"But Drew, I'm not that wea- ow! Why?" Of course I'm going to poke the wounds tough guy.

"You were saying? Stop being stupid and lay down. Look stupid, your wounds opened back up."

"They did because you attacked me. And I'm not stupid." Snort.

"Ah, did that hurt? Do you need me to kiss it better?" I laid on the condescending attitude thick.

"Um, sure? Yes." Fucking moron!

"No."

"But you said."

"I was being... Forget it. I didn't mean that. Clearly, you feel good enough and don't need it."

The family watched the squabble between the two with differing expressions. Harvey was relieved that Drew quit worrying so much and was livelier. Shuu was jealous that the hawk was getting Drew's attention. Rowan was amused and glad that they were getting along in their own way. Winston was also jealous, but didn't display it like Shuu did.

Alec hated that he lost. Sure the opponent was a king, so it wasn't unexpected. He still hated it... or he did. Maybe getting injured wasn't that bad. If he pretended to sleep some more, would Drew have 'kissed it better?' Did she process some kind of power from her mystery clan that used kisses? Whatever clan it was, he liked it.

"Yo Alec, stop spacing out and lie down already."

"I told you I'm fine."

"And I told you, you're full of shit. Harvey's going to change your bandages, so sit still dammit."

"You said to lie down, now you say sit. Which one is it?" And I thought I might marry this guy, how?

"Lay down or I'll make you."

Snort.

Ohoho. This bitch wants to go. I'm sure I could take him like this.

"Hey Rowan. I think family members help each other out right?" He nodded. "You get his left side."

I was already sitting on his right side and Rowan came to his left.

"Brother, I'm fine." Rowan placed a hand on Alec's shoulder.

It looked like a friendly shoulder pat, but I can see the man flexing those beautiful muscles. I tore my eyes away and focused on my own grip. Rowan forced Alec down and I flexed like I was doing shit too.

Now we got him pinned on the ground. This would have been kinky shit if it wasn't for the blood seeping out of his wounds. Harvey changed the makeshift bandages as I looked down at the bird brain. He wouldn't look as me and turned the other way.

"Why doesn't anyone believe me?" You serious? You must have feathers for brains.

"If I was on the floor bleeding from a gian..." I didn't even finish before everyone was growling the house down. I think Shuu even snarled. Am I not allowed to use rhetorical shit here? "It was just a make believe situation okay."

"Please don't say something like that." Okay, Shuu. I'm sorry.

"Okay, I'll try." Now my statement was ruined. "What I was trying to say, Alec, no one is going to believe that shit."