74. Sad Puppy

1/2 updates for today, July 11th.  Sorry for the delay, but I now have Wi-fi again.  I will likely post a double update next time as well, but it will be three days from today, not yesterday.  Please enjoy. 

I woke up sometime in the middle of the night to take a piss. The guards jumped me and made their interests ad duty pretty damn clear.

"Thanks, but I have to piss." Now move. I'm not going to be able to sleep easily again.

I walked through them and made it to the outhouse. I heard a bunch of growls and tried to look out the tiny window. It was just Shuu. I cleaned up and washed my hands in the little water basin. It was a nice addition to the outhouse even if we had to change the water a lot. It was also great in case the wonderful, ass-wiping leaves weren't doing enough.

I think we should try harder for toilet paper. That is so the next agenda item. Shuu escorted me back to the room, but we came across a tiger growling at a fox.

"Hiro?" The tiger froze and Shuu growled. He let Hiro through. Foxy boy shifted and put on a fur real quick.

"Hello. I didn't think I would see you until later." Hanging around a castle in the early hours of the morning isn't good civ kid. "Congratulations, Tiger Queen." Yeah, no.

"It's weird to hear you call me that. Call me Drew, like usual."

"Okay. Can I come by later? Or do you not want to have band practice anymore?" We are kind of busy... wait. I'm a queen and queens always have entertainment.

"Yeah that's fine. Not early though." I have a feeling I won't fall asleep anytime soon.

"Okay!" Foxy boy bounded off.

"Hey tiger guard. That fox is okay to come through." He nodded. "Can you tell the rest of the guards if you see them?" He nodded his big tiger head again. "Thanks."

Shuu's growled again and the tiger backed off. I rolled my eyes.

"Hey Shuu, lets see if we can grab a snack." We had dry shit in the room, but fresh stuff was in the kitchen. There wasn't much since winter just ended, but I just wanted to wander. I pulled Rowan's cape over me. Shuu offered to carry me and I let him. I really am used to this now aren't I?

The kitchen had nothing. Damn. We have to work on that too.

Shuu walked back in silence. Is now a bad time? I should ask since it's as close to alone as we'll get.

"Are you okay?" I focused on the mark and felt a mixture of things. "Is there something..." It shouldn't be that hard to say that I was here for him right? I can fuck him, but not tell him how I feel? Emotions are hard. "I can do?"

Shuu stopped and shivered. He looked down at his mate. He felt overwhelmed and watched her tenderly. His mate truly cared for him and it made his heart soar. He hadn't been entirely okay. He lost both his father and brother, but he had his own family now. That was enough support by itself, but Drew was going out of her way to check on him.

"I am okay," he replied softly.

Normally I wouldn't believe that shit, but I could feel his 'cloud nine' emotions and see it on his face. Stop looking at me like that you ass. It was too soft for a thorny bitch like me. Even if most of my thorns were clipped... Maybe I never had that many after all.

"That's good." The look he was giving me was too much, so I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled. It's easier if I can't see him looking at me. I looked down at the tail kicking up a small dirt cloud and smiled. That's my cute puppy man.