31. To Be An Adult

The first update for today, April 26th.

Smells like dog. Did I pet one and not wash my hands? Fur? I'm sleeping with a dog? Who trusted me with their dog? That's a stupid move.

I made some inaudible grunting noises at the dog. I was going to let it pass, but it licked my face. Eww, I hate dog slobber. These fuckers always target the face.

I swatted a much too large head and bolted upright. Shuu watched me and I looked at him. Oh, yeah. Coma, beast world, ect. Shuu changed to his man form.

"Harvey made breakfast before he left, do you want to eat?" I couldn't grasp Shuu's mental state today. I neglected him yesterday. I need to do better.

"Yes."

We ate breakfast and I brushed my teeth. Shuu had caught me another stretchy-skin lizard. Should I make a pair of underwear? It's disgusting for some reason. I don't mind it holding my boobs, but don't want it to touch the other lady parts. I should do it anyway. I have to suck it up. I need to be the big, bad bitch and wear those panties.

That's exactly what I did. We managed to craft the piece without Harvey's help.

"See Shuu, we are getting better. Soon we will be independent entrepreneurs."

"What's an entrepreneur?" Hmm. What is that really?

"Someone successful."

"That's great!" Sure.

Shuu leaned in for the pets and I didn't hesitate. When did this become normal? Not that I'm complaining. I owed him anyway.

"Shuu..." I'm going to hate this. "Do you want to meet your parents?" I really, really didn't want to. Especially since his Dad is the ape king's strongest backer. Maybe I should wait until after we've done the deed.

Really Drew? Say it like it is. Sex, fucking, getting down and dirty. Next thing I know, I start calling it the horizontal tango. Snort. That's kind of funny actually. I should keep that one.

"Really!? When?" You don't have to sound so excited. Communication is key, best to just ask.

"Do you think your Dad will have a problem with me? I mean, that we haven't mated yet." Ick. Another reminder why I hate talking. I suck at it.

Instead of sad, he looks happier. I don't get men. They say women are confusing.

"No, he'll like you. It's fine since we will." Cue extra blood flow to the face. "If I tell him that you want my mark closer to your heart, he will be happy for me." Is it uncomfortable in here, or just me?

"How about sometime this week?" Knowing me, I'll put it off to the last day of the week. When is the last day? They don't have calendars here.

"Sounds great." Now that Shuu feels better, what do I do? I already fed the bird and watered the garden already.

"What do you want to do today?" I asked.

"Whatever you would like to do." Ugh. I hate that answer.

"Wrong answer. There's got to be something you'd like to do. It could be anything. Like taking a nap in a tree or swimming or working out. Something that'll make you happy."

Shuu just starred at me, mouth open. I waited for him to recover and lifted my eyebrow.

"Why in a tree? What's working out? Can it be anything?" Oh, boy.