91. Rain

1/1 update for today August 25, 2022.

 A whole lot of nothing happened for a while and it made time pass slowly. I mean, there was a drought and shit, but we saw that coming. To any of the poor bastards that didn't dig their own wells, boo hoo. Should've listened to Winston.

The kids did grow, so there's that. Since I'm avoiding sex now, all of the boys got tons of extra attention. The chicks decided they did like their mom after all. I have won over my boys, so I should start feeling emotionally attached soon, right? I hope. Don't want to be a shitty mom. In the meanwhile, I'm going to polish these acting skills until they shine brighter than Hollywood.

"Look Killer, this is you," I showed off my drawing of him. The notebook was nearly full now thanks to this no-sex month. Okay, so we aren't abstaining, just practicing that pull-out game. I am trying to be careful, I swear.

The boy eyed the drawing for a while. He's staring so intently. Aww, does my boy like it? Good to know I-!

Killer attacked and ripped out the drawing before I could stop him. He shredded the paper and settled down on top of the pieces of confetti. He looked so satisfied, but I couldn't pick my jaw up off the floor.

"Alright boy. Listen here," I tried to sound commanding, after the shock wore off anyway. "That is not something you shred. You can't just tear up whatever you want." I eyed Alec and compelled him to come educate his boy with me. A few squawks later and Killer showed some remorse. Should I feel guilty? No. He was bad, therefore, I ain't being a bitch. This is a part of parenting and I have to be strong.

Happy watched his brother get scolded from his position next to his dad. He didn't make a peep and opted for observing silently. I can't tell if he's really smart or just detached. It's fine either way. He isn't getting into trouble like a certain brother of his. Once Killer's lecture ended, I had to think of something else to do.

I decided to play with the big boys. We played 'keep the ball away from mom.' They did great and my ass is wiped. I was going to chill and breathe, but a terrible, terrible feeling hit me. I recognize this uncomfortable sensation.

Should I be happy or disappointed? I mean, Shuu does want puppies. But damn, periods suck ass. At least the cramps were indistinguishable from my muscle soreness. It's one less thing to bitch about.

Thanks to the men's calendar keeping, I'm sure we got to be real close to the hell fire and doom brought calamity. I'm not freaking the fuck out yet and might not need to. Alec has a nice ride in the form of a portable hammock ready to roll for me and the little boys. Rowan, the boy scout graduate, has our path planned out.

Winston has taken his kingly duties seriously and has made some low key evacuation routes. I think some beasts are wondering what the hell Winston is on about, but he covers up well. All he has to say is he is planning for the worst potential threats or some shit. Some think he is underestimating the city, others give him sparkly eyes of respect for thinking so far ahead.

At the request of our great leader, Rowan, Shuu has tracked down some volcanoes in the valley. I wasn't even sure it was volcanoes that wrecked the city, but one mention of it had Rowan checking it out. Go him.

They were totally dormant which makes me wonder how bad the earthquake will be. Damn, earthquakes are up there on my 'no fucking way' list. Florida doesn't have to deal with that shit. I'll take a hurricane any day... Wait.

Hurricanes are okayish since you get so much notice to prepare, but there are no shitty weathermen here to give us a heads up. Shit, all of nature's flexes are going to suck here.