101. Integrating

1/1 update for today, October 11, 2022.

I spent the next few days reminding myself why I wasn't a social butterfly. I mingled with the locals and did a shit job of it. I feel like the harder I try to be friendly, the worse I do.

I did get to see some cool ass wolves, so I'd say it was worth it. The wolves in the city were all dark and one color. These guys were much lighter. Snow cap... Umm, what was his name? D, D something. Definitely wasn't Dick. I'd remember that one.

Whatever. He was a solid white wolf and looked cool as hell. There were other white wolves and several that were mixtures of colors. Shuu was the only solid dark wolf in this village. He stands out in this crowd.

There were only a couple of other beastmen here that weren't wolves. One hawk, two peacocks, and three bears. Except for the two bears that came with us, the rest were married. At least they won't think I want them cause I'm staring. Or maybe they will and I'll get rejected. I won't be sad.

The village was kind of weak. Besides the leader, there were five two-striped beasts. There was maybe double or triple that in one-striped beasts. It was a better line-up than Camel-Hump Valley, but it was still weak. Guess I got used to being around the big guns all the time. Technically, they were doing good for being such a small village. That's what Winston said when I poked his side and probed for more info anyway. He's getting better at understanding me. Thank you my tiger.

I made female number ten in their village of two hundred and change. Lucky me. My daughter would be number eleven. Lucky them.

I met a few of their females and honestly, I wasn't totally repulsed. There were a special few with sparkly personalities, but several who seemed tolerable. I could live with all of them except the wolf chick, Elise. She was the bubbly type who was always getting right up in peoples' space. She was my age with two litters of wolf puppies. I wasn't jealous... Maybe a little. According to my leveled-up observation skill, she was the village favorite.

Then there was Maribel, a sheep female in a pack of wolves. I had to withhold my giggle. She was the leader's wife and kept to herself mostly. She seemed to be friends with Elise, but everybody here was friends with Elise.

I wasn't close enough to ask how she ended up here and I'm sure I'll lose interest after a night of good rest. Or good sex. That has a tendency of clearing the mind of unnecessary shit.

The dens in this village were spaced out decently. Nobody was right next to each other which was great. Zero-lot line housing was shit. It would be an even bigger shit in the beast world. Wouldn't want your neighbor hearing everything you say or do. I sure as hell don't.

We were the furthest from everybody, but that was a given. I had no desire to be close to anybody else. I like having land and privacy. Rowan got me and picked a far away spot to live in. It was close to the ocean which was a cool bonus.

The village had a small lake and tiny river that fed it on the other side, opposite of us, which was good. Need that freshwater to survive in case rain isn't abundant. According to the locals, the weather is pretty fair here. We are on the northern part of this coast so it does get a little colder than I was prepared for, but the snow won't be heavy. We've got months until winter and I can come up with ways to stay entertained beforehand. I am trying to stay somewhat positive.

When I had nothing else to do, I watched sexy muscles flex and thought about shit. Shit like how I'm a free women attached to no MC. Or the thing with Mitchell. I'm glad I'm out of Qingqing's life so that didn't take a lot of thought. Well, I thought some more on it anyway because I love problems.