51. Apologies

1/2 updates today, May 26th.

The next morning, I laid in the bed. Well, a bed of furs. The amount increased after Winston came to the family. Cotton was planted in the garden, but I doubt it'll make enough for a comforter. The furs were stacked over a pile of grass. There was enough layers to keep me from being assaulted by stray pieces.

I could suggest making a bed. I'm sure these over achievers will have it made in no time... Not now. We got other stuff to work on. The family can't take care of that much extra. I should be happy I got a toilet. That was a lifesaving invention. Next will be a true outhouse. The sandpit can be emergency use or piss only. Again, not a priority right now. But frozen ass cheeks are going to suck balls.

So... Today is a good day to apologize right? I fucked up royally yesterday, so today has to go better. I need to balance out some karma or something. I can go to Qingqing today then. Better do it before I wuss out.

The morning routine was done and completed. The babies rolled around on round tummies that I felt compelled to poke. This is a natural reaction to the cuteness and fully justified. I'm not avoiding my responsibilities.

Fuck. Just get it over with. I know me and procrastination are tight, but I really need something off my plate. I bathed for a long time, found my now clean dress, and got on with it.

The family unit moved as one as I trudged with the mat and drum in my hands. I insisted on walking so we got there slower. I'm sure my eyes had no soul, but I looked up at the hawks flying around.

Oh yeah. I'm supposed to harem them. Can I do that another day? One difficulty at a time please.

A couple of men tried to get close, but Winston was a unit. He just had to growl and them dudes ran fast. One even tripped. Poor guy. He's probably burning with shame. I couldn't give a shit for real. I got my own problems.

I didn't have a damn clue where Qingqing lived, but the men remember. We got there too fast. I started to come up with apologies, but they disappeared now. Where did those plans go? Come on fuckers, I needed you.

They refused to come back and Parker came out of the house. Guess the hour of reckoning has come. I awkwardly asked for Qingqing and he got her to come out. I couldn't wave since the hands were full. I felt intelligent when I tried anyway. I refused to let the men carry anything since I needed to keep the hands full and distracted. Harvey had the kids and I had the goods.

Qingqing came out. She didn't look happy, but not pissed either. I hoped anyway.

"Hey, Qingqing..." Okay. Now would be a great time to remember words. It feels gross and I want to squirm. Was saying 'sorry' always this hard? It's like two words. I can handle this. The family needs me. "About last time... I'm sorry." Finally.

"For?" Really? You want to drag this out? You must have been bored as hell too.

"For picking a stupid fight." I ground that out. I held out the gifts and finished my heartfelt apology.

"Okay." She didn't even look at the gifts first. I guess I did good enough. Qingqing wasn't a fighter anyway. "What are those?"

"Peace offering." Parker came to take them and looked them over. He seemed to like the mini drum. Guess he didn't learn his lesson from before. I suddenly felt some kinship with him. We were both stupid shits.

"Is that a...mat?"

"Yeah. It's better to step on this before going inside or getting out of a bath." I felt a stupid amount of embarrassment bubble up from the depths of my soul. Of course she knows how mats fucking work. It doesn't take intelligence to figure this one out. It's been awhile since I wanted to hide in the ground, guess it's overdue.