86. Crafting As A Unit

2/2 updates for today, August 7, 2022.

 "I don't get the last one," Alec commented, as I explained humor and puns to him the next day. I didn't feel like going out yet, so we hens hung out. "What is cremated?"

"So... some humans get their bodies burned after they die." Alec looked horrified and I cracked a smirk.

"Why would they do that?" Alec asked and I could tell that Shuu was equally interested in the topic. Winston, Harvey and the boys were off hunting and couldn't enjoy this conversation.

"To save space in the graveyards maybe? Coffins are expensive too." Some commercial kept saying how expensive funerals were and to sign up with them to save costs. Naturally, I had to Google why the fuck dying would be expensive. Coffins cost a lot of money and you need a certain car to drag your corpse to the graveyard. You can't escape money's influence even after you kick it. And they wonder why the dead haunt the graveyards. The poor souls are still stuck with debt and have to curse some greedy bastards to feel better.

"Graveyards? Coffins?" Alec asked. What an inspiring conversation we are having. I thought we were talking puns, but it looks like the comedy died... Hah, I'm getting better at this.

"Coffins hold the corpse and you bury them in a graveyard."

"What? I still don't get why." Even Shuu agreed and I could tell Rowan was listening.

"So, we have too many humans and we can't just leave corpses lying around because it's gross and unhealthy. Humans are also kind of spiritual, so we don't want random animals or bugs chewing on our bones." Yeah, eww. Set my dead ass on fire, I'm cool with that.

I had to explain in more detail to make them happy. Apparently, beasts thought humans were weird as fuck. Not gonna deny that. It is what it is. They finally got it, but Alec insisted on tearing apart my lame ass pun.

"So, you would have a hot body if you set it on fire." He looked so proud and I just sighed. Maybe I can't share that kind of humor here. At least they got sarcasm now. I can live with that victory.

"Don't say that." Poor Shuu looked a little queasy. Damn, guess I fucked up.

"Okay, that's enough of that. So, in summary, puns are a lame form of humor that humans use by playing up on words that have double meanings. We also have a ton of other weird humor. Cool?" I looked at Alec who wanted to say more. "No? Too bad." Shuu needed a distraction now and we went on our way to achieve that.

"Tiger Queen." I literally, just stepped out of my room and somebody already wants a piece of this queen. "The tiger king is away, but I want to tell you that the copper was removed from the rocks." Oh! Nice. "I overheard you mention it before and thought you would want to know." Brock looked a little shy and I tried to ignore that.

"Thanks. Can we check it out?" Brock blinked and bloomed like a damn flower. That was a fucking lovestruck expression if I ever saw one. Damn him. Don't look at me like that. I hate expectations.

"Of course!" He said enthusiastically, but he withered slightly under Rowan's stare. "But it might not be the nicest place for a female."

"That's fine." Might as well check it out.

The makeshift crafting area was happening further away than I expected. I pretended Harvey was standing behind me with shimmery pom-poms and jogged there. Brock was surprised, but recovered quick enough to fall in line with us. Shuu was right by my side, Rowan had ditched the whole gig, flying above.