Chapter 17

-3rd POV-

"That was the day we went our separate ways." Baji said, explaining the whole story to Takemichi.

"I have a brother who's ten years older than me. He's dead now."

'Mikey-kun mentioned that his brother died. So these two were the ones that...' Takemichi thought.

"I didn't have to go to juvie because Kazutora defended me. I've been waiting for Kazutora to go free."

'Does that mean Baji-kun's always been on Kazutora-kun's side? So he didn't just leave Toman on a whim? Then...who the hell am I supposed to drag him back?'

Hanma let out a small laugh, "Nice, Baji. If that's the case, you're definitely welcome. Here." He said, throwing him a jacket, "That's Valhalla's jacket."

The said male put on the jacket.

He turned to the blond, "Go and tell Mikey! One week from now on October 31st...Valhalla versus Toman in an abandoned car lot. Shit's goin' down!"

-----

(Y/n) had stayed over with Takemichi, not wanting to be alone in her room at home, even though her parents were home. The male ended up laying on the floor and the girl took his bed, not wanting her to be uncomfortable. As the girl slept, the male was up and thinking.

'So Baji-kun's always been an enemy. And there's a huge battle coming up in a week.' He thought, staring at the ceiling of his room.

"We're going to end up butting heads with Valhalla soon. Bring Baji back before then."

'That's impossible, Mikey-kun. How the hell can I bring him back in a week? That's totally not happening!' He thought, shaking his head.

"If you fail, I'll kill you."

Takemichi clutched his blanket feeling tears welling up, 'What am I supposed to do?'

-----

The next day, the two walked out the male's home and walked.

(Y/n) noticed his depressive mood and tilted her head slightly, "Hmm?" She hummed.

Takemichi looked at her and gave her a small smile, "I'm fine. Just couldn't sleep is all."

The petite girl pouted slightly, "Hmm."

"Hai, hai. I'll make sure to sleep tonight." He said, chuckling softly and pat her head, making her lean into his hand.

The girl grabbed his hand and held it as they walked, swinging their hands back and forth.

Takemichi smiled softly before looking at the ground, 'What am I gonna tell Mikey-kun about Baji-kun?' He thought, sighing softly.

"Hey, blondie! (Y/n)-chan!" A voice called out, making the two look, seeing a blond sitting on the swings, "Come over here." He said, pointing at the two swings next to him, "Have a seat."

'Huh? Who's this guy? Yikes, dude. He's hurt bad. He's obviously insane!' The male thought, about to walk away, but felt the girl's hand slip from his, "(Y/n)-chan?"

The said girl ran towards the injured blond and hugged him, "Hmm!" She hummed.

Chifuyu blushed brightly, "I-Uhm...Uh..." He said, but couldn't find the right words, 'She's hugging me!'

Takemichi followed after, pulling the girl back, "I'm sorry!" He said, apologizing.

The blond shook his head and averted his eye, since the other was bandaged, "I-It's fine..." He mumbled, then looked at the male, "Guess we both had a pretty rough day yesterday."