Chapter 31

I'm not surprised that people haven't guessed right on Kamado-chan's old childhood friend. It's not Izana or Kakucho.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-3rd POV-

Yuzuha glared at her brother, before running up with a yell. Taiju only reeling back a punch.

"Don't, Taiju!" Takemichi called out.

(Y/n) got in front of the male, taking the blow, making her get thrown back, and falling on her chest.

"(Y/n)-chan!"

Yuzuha and Hakkai stared at her in shock, "(Y/n)-chan..."

"Damn it!" The blond said, before running up and standing in front of the tall male, "Get a hold of yourself, Taiju!"

"Out of the way, you dumb brat." Taiju said.

"Takemichi!" Hakkai called out.

Yuzuha kneeled in front of the girl, "Are you okay?" Her eyes widen, when she took note of the demon girl's stature grow, seeing the vine-like tattoos and the single horn, "(Y/n)-chan?"

The said girl looked at her, "Hmm." She hummed, raising her hand and patting her head, looking over her to see if she had any wounds. She nodded to herself, "Hmm..." She hummed and stood up, her wounds healing.

"You claim you care for your family, but you're the one who's destroying it." Takemichi said.

"Don't! He'll kill you." Hakkai exclaimed.

He turned to him, "Hakkai, what's your problem? What're you afraid of? Your sister's going to get killed. Aren't you going to protect her?" Though, as soon as he turned back around, he was punched.

"They're the ones..." Taiju grabbed another pew, "who tried to kill me first." He threw it towards the male.

"Holy shit!" He exclaimed, before his eyes widen along with the rest, seeing the pink flames, "(Y/n)-chan!" He looked at the said girl, only for his eyes to almost pop out his sockets, seeing her in her full demon form, 'She seems to be in full control...' He thought.

The demon girl stood in front of the blond in a protective manner, "Hmm..." She hummed softly.

'Damn it!' He thought, "How does a family fight escalate into murder? This is insane."

"Hanagaki." Yuzuha began, "This is the path we siblings...chose."

The said male looked at her.

"I protected Yuzuha this whole time."

'I get it now. The key is Yuzuha. In the original timeline, it was Yuzuha who killed Taiju. Even so, the story now is that Hakkai killed him. Yuzuha killed Taiju after Kisaki incited her to. Hakkai covered for her. Since Kisaki knew the truth, he was able to control Hakkai. Then, he took over Black Dragon and corrupted Toman. It's all because he was protecting Yuzuha.' He walked up to Hakkai, "I know what I have to do now, Hakkai."

"What?" Hakkai said, looking at him as he walked past.

The blond grinned, fists tightening, "Kick Taiju's ass!" He responded, 'If Yuzuha is protected, Hakkai won't be corrupted.'

"Takemitchy, there's no way you'll ever...You have no idea how dangerous he is."

The sister picked up the blade, "Stay out of this, Hanagaki."

Takemichi looked back, eyes widen, "Yuzuha."

"I will...protect Hakkai." She stepped forward, "I will...protect him." She raised the blade, only for a hand to stop her.