Chapter 49

-3rd POV-

Kakucho was breathing heavily as his hand went over to his bloodied shoulder and looked at his hand.

"Again and again, my well-thought-out plans have been destroyed by Hanagaki and Kamado. Now that I can't use Mikey, my only choice is to use Izana as my instrument. Kakucho, you're in my way, damn it!" Kisaki said, as the said male slowly stood up.

"Kisaki..." He heaved and groan, stumbling but regained his balance, "I knew it. I never should have let you near Izana." He let out a yell and ran towards him.

"Die." He said, firing the gun.

Izana had ran up and pushed Kakucho, the white haired male ended up being pushed along.

Takemichi gasped, "What?!" He exclaimed, seeing that (Y/n) was the one who intervened.

Mikey gasped, eyes widening.

Everyone around were shocked.

"(Y/n)-chan!" Kisaki said, as the two Tenjiku males fell to the ground.

(Y/n) glared at him, before turning to the two, "Kaku...Iza..." She muttered, smiling.

"Why? Why would you do that? Why did you protect that servant?"

Kakucho was breathing heavily, staring wide eyed at the girl, seeing the three bullet holes on her body, "(N/n)-chan..."

Izana looked up at her, "You idiot. What the hell are you doing? You'll die."

The demon girl simply smiled as she crouched down and pat the white haired male's head, "Iza...safe..." She said, as she felt herself slowly healing.

Takemichi gulped, but sighed in relief, "At least she's fine..." He muttered.

Kisaki fell down to the ground, gasping.

Mikey walked up to the white haired male, which made him turn to him.

"Mikey...There's something...I want to tell you. Tenjiku has lost."

"Izana..." He muttered.

"Cut that out, damn it! I can say that, but you don't need to!" Kakucho exclaimed.

Izana chuckled, "Don't be stupid. I really don't get you."

"Why did you try to protect me, Izana? Why protect someone like me? You're the king! No matter who you forsake and no matter how many you sacrifice, you have to create your era! That's what a king is, Izana!"

"It's not my era. It's our era."

"Huh?"

"Sorry, Kakucho. But...you are...all I have." He grinned at him.

Kakucho felt tears welling up.

"I can't see."

"What the hell's going on?"

"What was that noise?"

"Call an ambulance!" Mucho called out over the Tenjiku gang voices.

"By who?"

"The leader was almost shot?"

"Kakucho was?"

"Tenjiku's through!"

"Izana...Kakucho!" Mocchi said.

Izana looked at the blond, "Mikey. Did you say...that you want to save me?"

"We're brothers, so of course." Mikey said.

"You said so, right?"

"Both Emma and I loved Shinichiro. Just like you did."